Fuel pump finally called in sick

EpiKk3

Jun 4, 2004
Driving back from a paintball field on a 100+* day my car shuts off on the highway.. has some trouble starting so I relax on the shoulder for a bit and give her another try, we get up to speed and about a mile down the road shes done for again..

Really sounds like shes not getting any gas, and pushing on the accelerator does no good at all.. The temp gauge reads fine..
parents went ahead and had it toed to my local crappy shop..

I'm determined it's the fuel pump, in the past have had to prime it to get it to turn over the first try.. I guess we'll see in an hour or so but my question to you is whether or not there would be any reason to buy a stronger aftermarket fuel pump than whats oem on my car?.. you can tell by my sig it's hardly modded at all, and only more light plans are in store for this next year

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You might as well just do it...no reason to simply put stock peices back in...plus if you ever do decide to mod it it is better to have the pump in already instead of dropping the tank once again. I happen to have a BBK 255LPH fule pump still in the pickup for sale...$100 shipped, will also include rail mount fuel pressure gauge-let me know-