Fuel Pump Relay Help

KT93LXVert

Jan 30, 2009
Auburn, AL
I have a 93 convertible that was a 4cly i have a wiring harness supposedly out of a 93 5.0 i cant find the fuel pump relay the only relay i can find is for the wot for the ac. any help would be apprecieted. i dont want to have to put a toogle switch for the pump.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, did you find it? is the harnes part# 12X571?

If so, the Relay is not part of the harnes you need to add it, it conects to the gray connector close to the ECC (the connector for the air bags), 2 wires (the coil), then the other two - the pink goes to 12+ hot all the time and the green spliced to the inertia switch and to the monitor pin feedback to the ECC (green conector close to the ECC)

let me know if this helps, just finished the swap on my 72 Match1 and spend like a week on the same thing you are looking for, good thing is that i had another harnes which i striped and understood all the conections.

here is my stang
YouTube - Mi Mustio volando

now, in my application the red-green wire does not have enough current to power up the system,perhaps due to having the tach in series, so i needed to add another relay where the new harness meets the old one on the drivers side.

regards

i think would be recommended you hooked it up the way it's supposed to, otherwise you could have a fire hazard, say you leave the key on but the engine off, the fuel pump will keep cranking, as opposed to 3 seconds the go off.

my $.02