Fuel Sending unit

Benoit23

Sep 13, 2007
Denton, Texas
I need to replace my fuel sending unit. what's the advantage of the brass replacement over the stock replacement? & is it worth the extra money? The Brass fuel sending unit is about $10 more than the storck replacement.

Thanks,
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

The advantage is that you'll get to replace it again because the brass floats are poorly soldered and fill up with gas. I just replaced a float on a brand new sending unit with another brass float, and I'm getting ready to put the cheap plastic float unit back in. I've always been a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for', and I didn't hesitate to pony up the extra bucks for something that was supposed to last for the lifetime of the car. Too bad they're junk. I'm not looking forward to draining the tank for the 3rd time.:mad:

sending unit

Only problem I had with one of those cheap sending unit was the plastic screen at the end came off and was floating around in the tank. We had to take the tank out to get it. Turned out it was a bad gauge afterall. But make sure it's attached to the tube tight.