Fuzion ZR1's?

• Sponsors (?)

A ZR1 is a Corvette made by Chevrolet....a ZRi is a tire made by Fuzion. ;)

I've got a set on my Cougar and am quite happy with them. Comparable to performance and wear to all but the most high dollar big name brands, but at about half the price. Nice looking tread pattern too.

It's tough to tell how great they are traction wise, but considering I'm putting out over 460lbs/ft of torque, I pretty much have that problem no matter what tire I'm running. :D

Dunno about the Fuzion's, but I like my Falken 512's as far as cheap tires go. They're good daily driver tires... ride pretty nice, decent wear so far, and handle ok.

Although, I had the BFG g-Force Sport before and I'll most likely go back to them when I go 5-lug. They're a bit more expensive, but are a HUGE value for the money.

Dunno about the Fuzion's, but I like my Falken 512's as far as cheap tires go. They're good daily driver tires... ride pretty nice, decent wear so far, and handle ok.

Although, I had the BFG g-Force Sport before and I'll most likely go back to them when I go 5-lug. They're a bit more expensive, but are a HUGE value for the money.

According to our warehouse they are only a few dollars more than the Fuzions. And Fuzion is made by Bridgestone.
In a 225/55r16 the BFG's are only $4.70 more per tire. That was an amount justifiable to me.:shrug:
Im still not saying Fuzions are junk, but the BFG is an easier sell #1 because it's a popular brand and they are made by Michelin. Not made in the same plant though.

I had a set on the '87 Formula Firebird I had (before some old fart pulled a U-turn in front of me and totaled it). Those things grip pretty decent off the line and they corner VERY well, and they're pretty cheap compared to a lot of other similar tires. I put a set of the HRi version on the 10-holes on the '89 notch, and Frankenstang is still driving around on 'em today. I like 'em. :nice:

13,000 miles are all i get on my 89 5.0 5 speed tires
tires lasted longest for me were b.f.g.comp ta vr4 13 year old tires at bout 100 back then each.
now traction ta's they wear fronts outside,
middle of tread back tires.
I drive 85mph little more usually briefly daily, i corner hard usualy.
my falkens were the worst. may be 10,000 miles
20,000 on firestone 8 yrs ago
fulda assuros 15,000 maybe:nonono:

13,000 miles are all i get on my 89 5.0 5 speed tires
tires lasted longest for me were b.f.g.comp ta vr4 13 year old tires at bout 100 back then each.
now traction ta's they wear fronts outside,
middle of tread back tires.
I drive 85mph little more usually briefly daily, i corner hard usualy.
my falkens were the worst. may be 10,000 miles
20,000 on firestone 8 yrs ago
fulda assuros 15,000 maybe:nonono:

:leaving: Whoa....

FWIW, the last Falken tires I had (still have a pair on the front) on my Ponies were utter CRAP for traction. Even a 3/4 throttle takeoff in my bone-stock '86 AOD 'vert would spin those things forever in dry weather, and they were downright SCARY in wet weather - the rear end kept wanting to trade places with the front in turns, even at low speeds. :eek:

If I had some extra money to throw around right now, actually, Fuzion ZRi's would probably be at the top of my list. Even if I could afford them, I honestly don't see the point in spending $125 to $150 apiece on tires that aren't THAT much better. The Goodyear Eagle GS-C's I had on a '91 TransAm cost a serious chunk more than my last set of Fuzions, and they SUCKED - I only rode 'em because they were on the car when I bought it, and they still had a lot of tread left on 'em. Fuzion ZRi's are an all-around good Z-rated tire, really - a good compromise between cost, handling, traction, and wear.

You could go cheaper and opt for Kumho Ecsta 712's - the last set I had wasn't terrible, as they handled well with gradual break-away handling and good hydroplaning resistance, but for straight-line traction, they were worthless.

If I want dead-hook traction, I'll invest in DR's or slicks; ANY performance street radials are strictly meant for spirited street driving, not balls-out race performance, so you have to make some compromises. Being extremely anal and buying top-of-the-line name-brand tires for a DD or mostly street-driven car is like being the guy that spends 20 minutes in the dairy aisle picking out the one milk jug with the absolute best expiration date - sure, there's a difference, but not that you'll ever really notice it enough to justify the effort (or expense).