Gas Pedal Mod...

i dont know if any one has ever done this or not?

I am only 5'6" and the pedal is so low to the floor i have to sit pretty close to the front to comfortably touch it.

ford is known for haveing alot of extra slack in there gas pedals.

if you look under the dash at the gas pedal and the cable you can pull up on
the pedal towards the seat pretty far. if you take some pull ties and tie around the excsess cable infront of the pedal, it will move the gas pedal closer to seat like about an inch or so, wich can allow me to move my seat back about an inch, and keep my knee's out of the dash, and not have to be so close to the sterring wheel. wich can be bad in a accident.

it makes the gas pedal feel more responsive, but abviuosly it is not any type of performance mod, it just makes the gas pedal feel more "light" wich has a better feel to me.

Gain: comfort and less drag in the throttle cable. wich will add a better than stock pedal response.

Loss: 15 cents worth of twist ties and 5 minutes of your time.

If you dont like: removal is just as easy.

just thought i would share that with you all, i have done it to 3 of the five cars i ever owned, those three were fords. and i never had a problem with it... EVER.

:flag: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I did that to mine last year .. made a huge difference. I'm average height (5'11" or so), and I found the raised position way more comfortable. And a bit safer, I didn't like it being so recessed compared to the brake pedal. Made it hard to move your foot to the brake quickly.

i noticed that too, ive got my foot stuck trying to get to the brakes as well, takes just a few rides to get used to, but it stays comfortable. i wouldnt recomend going higher than the brake pedal, brakeing is more important than going, if you know what i mean... :bang:

ryanrule said:
ive heard that some people have snapped their throttle cables from this
Doubt it, unless it was already damaged anyway. You can't snap a steel cable like that. The tensile strength of one of those is huge.

will those twist ties really hold when your getting on the gas pretty good? i don't think so. I think it would be easier to take up some of the slack at the TB.... any body got any ideas we could sell these on ebay, make some coin...

97v6Silver said:
will those twist ties really hold when your getting on the gas pretty good? i don't think so. I think it would be easier to take up some of the slack at the TB.... any body got any ideas we could sell these on ebay, make some coin...

ummmmmm, dude...

pull/zip ties....

not twist ties, that would be dumb :bang:

and yes they will hold, held on all the vehicles i ever did it on, with out a give or flex or anything.

I agree with 97v6silver on this one. I'd feel more comfortable with the slack taken up at the TB, and not relying on some plastic zip ties.

Plastic can get VERY brittle when the temperature drops. That's why I don't do anything to my interior when it is below freezing without running the heat for a good 20 minutes first - and even then, I'm extremely careful!