G'day from Australia...

Thats crazy. It looks like something is missing on the "drivers" side. Do you know how many fox bodies were sent to Australia? Those are some really cool pictures. Thanks! By the way, what part of Australia are you from? I toured the east coast when I was over there. The time difference is ridiculous too.

• Sponsors (?)

What is the electric motor with the hoses hangin out of it on top of the dryer tubing?
And did Ford build it or is it a local customization? I ask cause I see the carpet is still a left hand drive carpet :shrug:

What is the electric motor with the hoses hangin out of it on top of the dryer tubing?
And did Ford build it or is it a local customization? I ask cause I see the carpet is still a left hand drive carpet :shrug:

That thing looks to me like the valve on the line that goes to the EVAP canister, although I dunno what it's doing sitting way up there on top of the manifold... :shrug:

Nice ride, btw. :nice:

I wonder if the pedal assembly is the same one as the american cars. I'm curious to what steering rack is used as well. I've always wondered if there were any right hand drive fox's and now I know.

Anybody notice the amber turn signals? I love it, I'd love to get my hands on a set of LX's with the turnsignals in amber.
IMG_0041.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 57
Man thats crazy looking, I wonder how they got the steering shaft and brake booster in the narrow half of the car. And its gotta be cramped driving on the RH side of a fox, its way tighter over there.

If a shop did the conversion, then they did a pretty good job.

edit: There's not any heater core tubing in the engine bay is there?

wow, that's so weird to look at... i'm confused as to how the tranny is shifted... i'm assuming it's an american made T5... but is first gear now where 5th gear is on american cars, is it reversed? weird... but nice car nonetheless!!

Thought of turbo, but would personally like the s/c.
Have had turbos before, but I've never owned a s/c car.

Some RHD pics below...
Cars a bit dirty but you get the idea.

View attachment 284183

IMG_0188.jpg

Cheers,
Dan

Wow....ashtray doors are even broke in Australia :rlaugh:

Oh, i was also looking at that tube for your intake...and i bet you could get a '94-95 5.0 intake and correct that problem because of how those intakes are curved before the throttle body. Might wanna look into that if you ever buy an aftermarket intake. That way you could run a better intake tube and get rid of that crinkle hose thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 71
You guys crack me up:D
Not many fox's came to Oz that I know of. They are rare.
This car was actually built alongside an 88 vert. Sister cars you could say.
Converted by a local South Aust guy named Terry Wesmorland, that has since moved to Queensland.
It was converted way back in 1990, so it's been here since nearly new.

It's used some Aussie parts for the RHD conversion as you can imagine.
Including steering from late 70's Falcon and Cortina.

Yep, it's still got the LHD carpet:rlaugh:

The amber turn signals are mandatory over here, so that had to be done, lots of plastic welding going on for this kind of stuff.

Check out where the windscreen wiper positions are....

The heater tubing is relocated to left hand side where there is way too much room:(

Shift pattern is the same as you would expect, but I recently had to modify new BBK shifter arm so I could reach the sucker.

View attachment 284045

:rlaugh::rlaugh:Classic,...Ashtray door broken!! Yep it's broken! Is that common occurrence?
Any ideas how to fix? The cast ally is broke.

Finally, cheers for info on intake. I've got an intake from an XR8 Falcon, which has the throttle body on the opposite side (where all that room is) . But then there is the problem of making a S/C kit fit. "how the hell do I make that fit when it's on the other side":(
So the 95-4 intake might be a go-er!
Thanks for that!!

Anyway, Cheers for all feedback guys:D:D
Learning something new everyday with this car.

Cheers,
Dan

Oh yeah,
That little electric motor is indeed supposed to go to charcoal canister.
It's sitting on top because I found it hidden away by firewall.
I've found a few loose wires, and electrical problems that need fixing.

Two weeks ago the starter motor kept cranking after the car had actually started. I couldn't shut her off even by removing keys.:notnice: There was a small fire and quite a few wires had melted.
I've replaced the starter with a new small high torque version, and i'm in the middle of fixing wiring bloody everywhere.

Cars,... gotta love em'

Your best engine bay solution might be to turn the upper intake around like on a 80's 5.0 Crown Victoria. (I dont know if you ever seen one of those?) That will put the intake tube on the LH side, but then you'll have to move the battey to the other side and you'll have to figure a solution for the throttle body linkage. Then extend some of the wiring and other obvious things, it might be a project, but on the other hand everything won't be crammed on one side of the engine.

Thats cool how they did the tail lights, it might have been simpler to just order some '86 tails. But the ones you have are custom and true to the car. :nice:

Sorry gents, the 94-95 Stangs Plenum has the bend AFTER the throttle body. Its part of the plenum. PP sells the adapter for people that put in the Trick Flow and Edlebrock kits so it should bolt up to the Fox plenum but you will need to alter the throttle linkage :shrug:

Page%20Engine%20Left%20Front.jpg