Get an L or a 01 kober?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Ite, next year im graduating (hopefully) and im gettin a new(er) car, still keepin the 86 piece, but I want either a lightning, or a 99-01 cobra. they are bout the same price, Ive always wanted a lightning, and a cobra, But I wont be needint to haul anything except my car on the occasional trip to the track so I can break more trans and engines LOL

If it were up to somebody out thur what would you get?

Thanks Josh :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Do you live at home, or in your own house? The way i see it, everyone that owns a house needs a truck. I have an 02 f150 and i dont think ill have another DD besides a truck from now on. Im not saying youll be hauling anything major in it, but i have used mine a ton for getting wood for our fireplace, a new water heater and junk from home depot. Lightnings FTW!!

I havent rode in a lightning LOL I would prolly drive one and it be way faster than the 86 HAHA!!

they'll run high 12's

My buddy had one and he goes "Hey watch me make an SS"

I was like "What is an SS?"

He said "Watch!"

He sat in the middle of the street and laid on the gas and that sob left two of the blackest tire marks smoking I'd ever seen. They looked like "SS" :rlaugh:

Plus, you wouldn't believe how those things take corners man. It's too bad they don't have bucket seats to hold you in better :nice:

Yes it will. My friends sister's BF had a Silver Lightning with green underglow, I don't really agree with the underglow lights, but that was the baddest **** I had ever seen when I was 13-14, watching the dude do smokey ass burnouts in front of his house... Lightning FTW

I need one but I am broke lol.

Naw man my **** ain't even here yet!!!!! I paid last tuesday and he live like 5 hours away!!!!! If I had known it would take this long I would've just driven down there saturday!

Hmm the Lightning I ran at etown in the vid I post ran a 14.2 @ 98?

LOL I have seen low 13s out of them though, so I know all about what they can run. Id say for a DD the Lightning would be more versatile, but I could also see you falling into the same trap kids all over do. Buy a nice car right out of school and have no money for anything else. On that note I will be buying a newer DD when I graduate, :D

oh Its ok, My dad bought my sis a jeep grand cherokee, and he is buying me something, I said a lightning and he said ok, the stangs have been well paid for, we pay in cash, for everything, except the house. Ive paid for the last 2 of my stangs and dad paid for his 2 stangs. But beast I could have got the damn plate for ya, it would be sat, and we could meet half way if ya want, my car needs to run if ya know what I mean!!!

If you guys have any plans to buy a house any time soon, buy it first and then get your vehicle...it'll be easier to push the mortgage through w/o a car payment.

The 99-01 Cobra's had issues as far as I understand. I've never seen a lightning actually haul anything lol, but they are sweet trucks. I love my truck; I agree that once you own a truck, you'll wonder how you ever made it without one before. It's nice to be able to throw stuff in the back and go or not have to worry about getting what you bought home.

In the first fast and the furious the lightning was carrying a lot of hardware for that supra...
I say lightning... if you were considering an 03/04 cobra that might change things a little. the 00/01s wern't all that impressive when comprared to the latter.
Kevin