Getting Bossy

My tribute to the '69 Boss 302 is getting close, I just need decent louvers for the back window and some nice 18" wheel/tires. Probably wait until Christmas around bonus time.

Attachments

• c_stripe1_2.jpg
    c_stripe1_2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 222
  • c_stripe2_2.jpg
    c_stripe2_2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Sponsors (?)

don mergi said:
:spot: Real Nice! I order a 06 yellow GT I bet those black boss stripes would look great

I've seen one yellow GT in the area (central Maryland) that had twin black racing stripes that started from the front bumper to rear bumper, and had the single Ford racing stripe near the rocker panel on the side. It was drop dead gorgeous. But I have yet to see a "Boss" package on the road, some I'm "unique" for the short run!

These guys have fairly decent dealer installed appearance packages, and I used them for reference, along with detailed pics from real '69 Boss 302s:

http://www.summitford.com/pages/present/core/notlocalized/custom/default.asp?pageid=6&navid=40

topless beach said:
Well done! Maybe a shaker hood if your bonus is good.

If the CDC shaker added anything other than looks, I'd have gone for it and made it a tribute to the 1970 Boss, and not the '69. After talking with them at the Ford show at Carlisle, it was clear the HP gains were minute considering the cost, and said "fugetaboutit".

I think the bonus will get eaten up by wheels, tires and springs anyhow.

Thanks for the comments!

John

Nice, I have been thinking about the same hood stripes in silver for my Redfire. I cant tell, but do you have a pinstripe around the hood blackout? I wanted a 1/4inch pinstripe all around mine. Did you do a matching stripe on the decklid?

Good to see something other than the lemans stripes. Those are getting way overused.

Twofocused said:
Nice, I have been thinking about the same hood stripes in silver for my Redfire. I cant tell, but do you have a pinstripe around the hood blackout? I wanted a 1/4inch pinstripe all around mine. Did you do a matching stripe on the decklid?

Good to see something other than the lemans stripes. Those are getting way overused.

Yep, I tried to follow the striping exactly, but I do NOT have anything on the decklid. I don't see one on pics of a '69 Boss 302, do you?

See this thread for closeups and other angles before I had the c-stripes applied on the side. All the black you see is painted, by the way, except the c-stripes...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=32081&hl=

Twofocused said:
I hate to ask a bunch of q's, but is the width the same at the leading edge of the hood as it is at the windshield base? Or, did you follow the contour of the hood line?

Ask away dude, these forums are all about helping each other out. Feel free to email too.

Followed that crease on each side of the hood. If you want PRECISE dimensions and/or photo closeups, just tell me what you want exactly and I'll take care of it sometime over the weekend and post it for you. Personally, I just printed out as many photos of '69s as I could find, and used those to plan it all out with the body shop. We used masking tape to mark off example approaches before committing to anything.

jwgroovin said:
My tribute to the '69 Boss 302 is getting close, I just need decent louvers for the back window and some nice 18" wheel/tires. Probably wait until Christmas around bonus time.

I think you have done quite well.. Whats going to take the cake is some 18" Black Bullitts.. With some spinner knock-offs.. Get this done, and you are the man! :nice:

Thus far, the car looks most impressive for a GT... Not normal looking at all.. Very nice how black in the right places, adds a touch of nostalgia to the car..

You gotta admit, the new body style of the Mustang, looks more like a Mustang than anyother.. I still wonder to myself, how someone thought of this particular design after losing so much distinction for so long.. 94-2004.. Thats 10 years of just being totally off track in terms of the original Mustang look...

You have accented this with your particular paint scheme.. You have made it clear to see, how all those little things you have done, really make you look at the car, and think Mustang.. Of course I'm not saying cars between 94-2004 were ugly.. But they totally pulled away from the concept of a Mustang.. Now it appears the 05's are really what a Mustang was supposed to look like all along.. The earlier cars were not quite there yet, but getting close.. Not sure if this makes any sense to some or not.. But if you look at the scheme he has done, or reproduced, it makes sense with the body style.

Mods:
C&L CAI, Predator 93 Octane Tune, MAC Axle-back exhaust
CDC Chin Spoiler (black), replacement spoiler (black), painted hood stripe, hood pins, hood lifts, painted rear deck taillight area,

So how about showin' us some of that booty too? :)

Andretti said:
Mods:
C&L CAI, Predator 93 Octane Tune, MAC Axle-back exhaust
CDC Chin Spoiler (black), replacement spoiler (black), painted hood stripe, hood pins, hood lifts, painted rear deck taillight area,

So how about showin' us some of that booty too? :)

Someone always needs some tail, don't they? I'll have to take some more shots, all I have are the ones using the Xenon plastic insert. I had that removed and the adhesive cleaned up so it could be painted.

MSP said:
I think you have done quite well.. Whats going to take the cake is some 18" Black Bullitts.. With some spinner knock-offs.. Get this done, and you are the man! :nice:

Thus far, the car looks most impressive for a GT... Not normal looking at all.. Very nice how black in the right places, adds a touch of nostalgia to the car..

The fastback styling is what really caught my eye first, followed by the other 60s styling cues. I knew right away I wanted to do a tribute to the original body style, not a "replica" but a tribute. I've had the car but a week but the heads I see snapping around as I drive by are even more pronounced than when I first got the car. The older crowd recognizes in a heartbeat what look I'm going after.

The wheels and tires are needed to complete the look, although I'm still debating the louvers on the rear glass. It might be too busy.

Thanks for the kind words--I'm encouraged I've done the right thing.

Those are pretty nice. We have a few of those on the lot. Charging $36k for a GT with the "BOSS PAINTED STRIPES" which are just stickers. Ridiculous.

Meaning a lot of cars come like that off the lot.

Looks nice

That car looks really nice. It's cool that people can fix up their stangs in different ways and they still look great. I have a stupid question though, and sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. My eyes are still sleepy! Anyway, did you have to order those stickers and put them on yourself, or is there a shop, or the dealer do it for you? Anyway, great looking car, man! :nice:

jwgroovin said:
The fastback styling is what really caught my eye first, followed by the other 60s styling cues. I knew right away I wanted to do a tribute to the original body style, not a "replica" but a tribute. I've had the car but a week but the heads I see snapping around as I drive by are even more pronounced than when I first got the car. The older crowd recognizes in a heartbeat what look I'm going after.

The wheels and tires are needed to complete the look, although I'm still debating the louvers on the rear glass. It might be too busy.

Thanks for the kind words--I'm encouraged I've done the right thing.

I just want to inform you to prepare yourself. Make sure you have good liability insurance.. This is because once you put the Black 18" Bullits on the car, ("deep dish in the back if you can") people are going to be breaking their necks to figure out exactly what their looking at! :D

What makes you car look really impecable is the fact that it is a stock GT, with just a chin spoiler.. You have made the lines so pronounced with that particular paint scheme, that to add an aftermarket body kit would ruin it..

Basically, it is my feeling that once the bullitts are put onto the car, it should be deemed traffic hazard! :D :nice:

Also, I couldnt find a stripe kit that I felt was worthy enough of my Mustang.. I will be stealing your idea.. My car is Windveil Blue though, and I will be upgrading to the GT bumpers and rockers soon.. I said that to say this, could you please post links as to where one could acquire that particular stripe kit? Thanks!