Getting Hole Plugs for 98 GTs Sucks!

def1eppard

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
DFW, TX
Well I took my wing off and getting hole plugs to fill the holes seemed so simple when listening to everyone's description (two 3/8" and two 5/16" plugs). Well the back holes on mine aren't circular, they're more oval like two holes drilled right next to each other. Then the top right hole is 3/8" and the top left hole is 5/16". I don't know what I'm gonna do about the oval ones, I think I'm gonna try 1/2" plugs.

• Sponsors (?)

No offense to you man but why does everyone try to half a$$ things. I mean come on it doesn't cost that much to take the lid off, take it down to a local body shop have them weld the holes, use alittle filler, alittle primer, then paint, LOOKS a lot better then having plugs stick up from the deck lid. But thats just my 2 cents.

98bluevert said:
No offense to you man but why does everyone try to half a$$ things. I mean come on it doesn't cost that much to take the lid off, take it down to a local body shop have them weld the holes, use alittle filler, alittle primer, then paint, LOOKS a lot better then having plugs stick up from the deck lid. But thats just my 2 cents.

None taken, this is a temporary deal. It's gonna get all that done soon. I don't feel like putting the wing back on because all it does is get water in it and make the paint underneath it even more screwed up. Seeing as how this is my daily driver, I don't want to take the chance of getting caught in some rain and having it all go in my trunk.

Outlaw97GT said:
Got any pics, all I see are 99+
I would like to see a 94-98 wingless Mustang.

Heres some shots of mine.
wingless2.jpg

wingless4.jpg

I had the same problem when i took my wing off. My holes were all different and 2 were oblong. I took 2 of the plugs and cut off about 1/4 and then glued them together creating an oval plug. I was only using this as a temporary fix while my Saleen wing was being shipped. I also put some clear silicone in from the bottom to make sure it was sealed.

oh heres what it looked like without the wing...
Picture5_edited.jpg

Attachments

• Picture5_edited.jpg
    Picture5_edited.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 97