Mach 1 Getting rid of nasty Spintech mufflers...What to replace with??

Azure2BeatU

Jul 18, 2011
Guthrie, OK
I have an 04 Mach 1 that already has BBK long tubes and an X-pipe (just bought it 2 days ago and don't know the brand of the X-pipe). It also has the most horrible sounding Spintech mufflers that I hate and cannot stand. Going to the exhaust shop today and just want to replace the mufflers. Not sure what to get. I do not like the rattling/popping/coffee grinder noise the Spintechs make at 3,000+ RPM. My 01 GT had a full MAC catback system that sounded amazing and I want to replicate that sound without replacing the whole system in this car.

Thanks for your help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I'm sure you have changed your mufflers out by now, but I would have suggested, after going through Flowmasters, SLP, Spintech, Borla, and Magnaflows, that my current Magnaflow setup still sounds great. I must admit that I did love the SLP Loud Mouth 2 (NOT THE Loud Mouth 1!) was a great tone as well. I would have never picked this Magnaflow setup as it seems it is a very popular setup and I like to go with different setups whenever possible), but I love the sound and get more compliments with this setup than I did with any other setup. I have OEM exhaust manifolds blowing through a Magnaflow catted X, then though a Magnaflow Magnapack catback.

PS - I was all jazzed about getting my Spintechs, but I hated em too. I love to be different, but those mufflers were just awful.