Mach 1 Getting rid of nasty Spintech mufflers...What to replace with??

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by Azure2BeatU, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Azure2BeatU

Azure2BeatU New Member

I have an 04 Mach 1 that already has BBK long tubes and an X-pipe (just bought it 2 days ago and don't know the brand of the X-pipe). It also has the most horrible sounding Spintech mufflers that I hate and cannot stand. Going to the exhaust shop today and just want to replace the mufflers. Not sure what to get. I do not like the rattling/popping/coffee grinder noise the Spintechs make at 3,000+ RPM. My 01 GT had a full MAC catback system that sounded amazing and I want to replicate that sound without replacing the whole system in this car.

Thanks for your help!!!

2. twogts4us

twogts4us Advanced Member

Well I'm sure you have changed your mufflers out by now, but I would have suggested, after going through Flowmasters, SLP, Spintech, Borla, and Magnaflows, that my current Magnaflow setup still sounds great. I must admit that I did love the SLP Loud Mouth 2 (NOT THE Loud Mouth 1!) was a great tone as well. I would have never picked this Magnaflow setup as it seems it is a very popular setup and I like to go with different setups whenever possible), but I love the sound and get more compliments with this setup than I did with any other setup. I have OEM exhaust manifolds blowing through a Magnaflow catted X, then though a Magnaflow Magnapack catback.

PS - I was all jazzed about getting my Spintechs, but I hated em too. I love to be different, but those mufflers were just awful.

3. Crzyhrse

Crzyhrse Active Member

I've had my Bassani catted X and Magnapacks for 6 years. Absolutely luv it. When the Packs wear out I'm gonna check out some Borla Stingers.