god bless the wife...

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Boston
I literally spent all day today detailing the wife's Escape. I started at 9 am, washed it, dried it, clayed it, washed it again, dried it again, waxed it, went back over the wax with a fresh dry microfiber and spray / detail wax, rain-x'd it, SCRUBBED the neglected chrome wheels, waxed them to a high gloss shine, added some tire wet, and called it good. It looked almost as good as the day i drove it home from the dealer for her...

not even 1 minute after I was finished, she informed me that she was taking the Escape to Giant Eagle to get groceries...

It is freaking raining sideways out side, the roads are wet, and I swear sometimes she aims for potholes. So much for my 6 hours...

:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds like my weekend last week on my wifes Expedition... After spending almost 2 1/2 hrs detailing the interior, getting the crayons and cheese balls out of the carpet, I drive today and find more crap all over...

AND I just left her the vert for the drive back from Greenville! WTF was I thinking??

LOL, favor not returned. :notnice:

That's ok though, because she is going to be pissed next weekend when I detail the stang. I will be doing essentially the exact same thing to it + rubbing and polishing compound. Ill post up some pics after I am done.

I like this meguires tech wax, it even made the escape look mirror shiny, and its silver. I cant wait to see what it does for sonic blue.

It sounds weird, but I use the Turtle Wax Black Box on my True Blue stang. It worked so well on my black BMW I thought I'd give it a shot... and its great. Bloody messy horrible crap, but great results!

It sounds weird, but I use the Turtle Wax Black Box on my True Blue stang. It worked so well on my black BMW I thought I'd give it a shot... and its great. Bloody messy horrible crap, but great results!

Black Box was one of the best 'mods' I got for my Stang. The black paint doesn't look so bad now, but there's still a lot of bubbling.