god im sick of this...

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
went to an all mustang car show this morning, and you know what placed?

3)2005 saleen mustang
2)69 boss
1)02 mustang gt

now this is just retarded, second place is justified, but seriously, who wins car shows just by buying a brand new saleen, thats completely retarded, the thing was bone stock. the first place guy was like a DSG gt with a Kenne Belle 2.2, and FR-500's, i mean the thing was cool, but seriously, that didn't take much effort. now im not saying a fox should have placed, but i don't think they should judge the cars on just cool factor, i bet that 2nd place guy has ten times the heart and soul in his car then the other two put together, AND HE GETS 2ND? WTF? seriously, when we were standing next to the saleen, we heard stuff like "wow, that thing is clean" and "dude, he took good care of that thing"...lol no effin chit, it's brand new, what next, are you going to ask if he's the original owner.

sorry for the long rant, but i think mustang owners can do a little better then that.

• Sponsors (?)

Going to shows all my life with my dad and his completley restored classic cars, ive come to learn winning something in a show is based on who you know, not your car, dont stress it.

My dad feels the same way. That's why it's good if they split the show up into categories based on body style. Everyone has different taste right?

Here are some pieces of an article from my club's newsletter a couple months ago. The article is called "Car Show Etiquette" (By Tracy Morris):

"If it's a stock class then the car should not have more than three obvious modifications to get your consideration for a vote. Another way to look at it is who has the least modifications in the stock class. ...if they're in the wrong class, they shouldn't get the vote no matter how nice the car is."

"At the very least the hood should be open. This could possibly eliminate an otherwise very nice car but what are they hiding in there? And shouldn't something be said for those brave enough to show those engines even if they aren't perfect?"

"Now to my biggest pet peeve of voting at car shows. PEOPLE WHO VOTE FOR CLUB CARS AND NOT THE BEST CAR. This is probably one of the biggest reasons that people get soured on the car show scene. I have been to numerous car shows where the best car came in third and sometimes didn't even place because the club with the largest turn out took the trophies. My feeling is that you should simply vote for the best car - period."

"Engine size shouldn't matter. The best car in the class should be taking home the hardware. After all, it takes just as much time and effort to do a 6 cylinder as it does a V8 car."

This stuff happens at every "participant's choice" car show I go to. If you want anything different, you have to go to a "judged" show where the cars are actually compared based on the merits of each car, rather than how many of their buddies are there.

and it was prolly one of the 3 valve saleens without the blower....yep, itll piss ya off. all of us know what we put into these cars and then see stuff like that happen. if i was the guy with the 69, id raised hell

The same thing happened to me last year except I was the one who won first place. I took my Cobra to a huge car show, 500 cars or so, and beat a girl that had a 94 GT that she had done all the body work on, painted herself, new initerior, systemax kit, etc, the car was very very nice, and my paint just won the judges over.. Oh well.. Ill be back this year again!

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0027.jpg
    DSCN0027.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 185