Going crazy on polishing under the hood again

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Well I didn't have anythig better to do this morning after long last night ( :cheers: ) so I decide to do some polishing, I was going to do this like a few months ago but I was too busy racing

Here is Power steering pump bracket,next in alternator bracket,than alternator and power steering pump

It took me about 2 hrs to take bracket off ,polish job and put bracket on

100_3841a.jpg

100_3844a.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3841a.jpg
    100_3841a.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_3844a.jpg
    100_3844a.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
Ernan:
There's still a LOT of shine left to go on that piece. It looks good, but you need to hit it hard with a good wheel full of tripoli. Keep going :nice:

RC

Thanks guys and RC, I know this could be better BUT like I said I did whole job include taking bracket out in 2 hours and this happening in one morning after long drinkin night :D

Slow5.0 said:
Now I have to figure out how I gonna pilich Alternator, anybody done this

The best way to "pilich" :lol: alternator is to remove it from the case, and do the case (you dont want metal shavings all over that thing) .

You can see if you can find an old one, polish that case, then change. Theyre hard to find b/c junkyards sell them to companies for refurbishing. OR
You can just buy a chromer with more amps. OR you can paint it.

GOOD LUCK BRO!!
RC

I know that I have to remove stuff from inside , I was thinkin those little area on front (I will post pics of that problem area)
Well I was thinkin buy one from PA with more amps and chromed or go on junk yard and get one from low miles 95 V6 because they are same and get one power steering pump from same car too because mine making noise and I need polished them too

probably one of those standard posts that everyone hates seeing, and honestly im too lazy to search but whoever links me to / posts, a full polishing tutorial gets a fat cookie

Hey man looks good :nice: You need to use more tripoli and white rouge to get it to come out more. It should look like a mirror when you're done. Buy a chrome alternator it will look a lot better than a polished one.

If anyone has the patience or time how is the polishing process done. I would like to give it a shot but i want to know exactly how it's done before i f**k something up. Thanks fellas. That looks good good man, not bad at all for buzzin pretty hard.

VibrantRedGT said:
I'm sending my brackets out to powder coat. Just don't have the patience for polishing anymore.
Give us an update Joe.

I think a "nice" looking setup would be to have some colored powder coated stuff with a few things on the top polished or chromed, like maybe the intake, alt, and the pulleys...that would be pretty nice without going overboard or worrying about touching it up all the time.

RC