Going to drag tuesday...

The Bristol Dragway opens up this coming tuesday and I cant wait. I was just wondering if there was any tips or anything I should know? Any hints are welcome, one of my biggest questions is when should I shift? What RPM's? I run low 15's but i know my car has more than that in it....

B

• Sponsors (?)

SunburstGoldGT said:
One more i forgot about, what rpm should i launch at?
On stock rubber i'd take it to about 3000 and feather the clutch to keep it at 3000 until you skip out and catch traction, then floor it :nice: Shift about 100 short of redline and bring it down another 100 going to 3rd! Practice the launch as much as possible, dont want to just dump the clutch on your tires or you will spin all day, but make sure you dont bogg either..Takes practice, just get 30 runs or so under ure belt and you will have it down! Good luck and post up the results! :flag:

R3VO3VOM said:
I hope that it is a convertible automatic if you own a 2000GT if not you should be lower than that even if you are not a good driver...
:bs: I learned how to drive stick on this car and it took me a good 10 runs down the track to get them below 15.003....Learning to launch is a process and seeing as i didn't know anything about cars at all when i got the car it took me longer than some to figure it out.

Thanks for your replys and all the info, its a coupe and all the stangs around here run around 14.6-15.9 stock, well modded like mine, depending on the driver, some say its the elevation of the track and the crappy surface, im not sure if that affects it or not, well the elevation that is, the surface obviously does.

SunburstGoldGT said:
Thanks for your replys and all the info, its a coupe and all the stangs around here run around 14.6-15.9 stock, well modded like mine, depending on the driver, some say its the elevation of the track and the crappy surface, im not sure if that affects it or not, well the elevation that is, the surface obviously does.
Elevation makes a big impact, get it converted to sea level after you come back with numbers.

Use this to convert :
http://www.modulardepot.com/density.php