Good Brand For Tranny?

'88Cobra

Oct 21, 2004
I am planning on putting a new tranny in my car this winter. I decided to stay with an AOD, but am looking for a GOOD company to buy from. I don't want a tranny for what I have done right now, I want one that I can build my engine around. I am kind of leaning towards a Lentech piece. If anyone has heard good things about Lentech or others, please feel free to give me some advice. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Lentech and art carr's reputations precede them. Personally I would get an art carr masterpiece... the guy is amazing. I would expect nothing but excellence and great custormer care out of them, and I am sure I wouldn't be dissapointed, and probably surprised at the great care.

I have no affiliation with any companies, but I have had rare opportunities to draw my opinions from.

On another note I had a buddy buy a aod from PA and it blew up on the VERY SECOND he hit the throttle on the maiden run. After a few phonecalls my buddy had a brand new(in pa defense it wasnt there fault, the motor was making far to much power for the second level tranny) upgraded tranny. So he had a very good experience with them and recommends them as well, he is sitting here so he made sure I wrote that :)