Good bye fox:( Hello 97 cobra:)

• Sponsors (?)

heres the story..i traded my fox that was running fine. and traded for his cobra. The kid said hes owned 6 foxes in the past so i assumed he knew what to look for. So i take his car on a drive with him and im nice and gentle with it just going threw all the gears. Then we go for a drive in the fox and with the engine stone cold he starts burning rubber out into the street and started driving it like he stole it. So we get back and we trade and he gives me 600 bucks on top to switch wheels. a day later i get a txt saying he blew the motor. i said are you serious and he said yeah i blew a head gasket. He seemed fine with it. So today i got a txt saying wtf dude theres colant in the oil wtf are you gunna do about this. I said umm you blew a head gasket wich results in coolant getting mixed with oil. and then he says "dude ive had the car for 2 days thats phucked" ..then i said "dude you blew the motor..you drive hard with the engine still cold, a 25 year old engine cant take that kind of abuse" then he has the balls to say "If your in the auto field i suggest you get a new job because the car is phucked" then i proceeded to say "who the phuck do you think you are? YOU blew the motor i never had a problem so its your problem" then he rambles about how i messed up the wiring behind the dash when ive never touched it. Wich i told him then he said "ok" and thats it so far..

Jeeze, some people. When I bought my 89 I didn't do a good job of looking it over. Found out shortly after that the 8.8, T5, and engine were all hosed on it. It never crossed my mind once to call up and complain to the couple I bought it from.

I highly doubt he blew a headgasket or blew up the engine by beating on the car cold. There's more to this story on someone's side. I'm not sure who but I don't see 5.0 engines blowing up because of people beating on them. How much could he have done in 48 hours...

Buyer Beware. As stated...it's an old car...with old car issues and old car tendancies. My car looked great when I bought it....till I pulled the back seat out to run some new stereo wires and was able to see the ground underneath!?!

Do I think I got snowed a little by the previous owner...absolutely. He shined it up really nice and sold it as a car in better shape than it was. Who's fault was it for not going over it more thoroughly....mine and mine alone. I was blinded by the shiney paint, nice running engine and mint interior. It still needed hours worth of work to whip it into shape, which I had to swallow....but that's life. Now I've got it better than new and know the work has been done.

Anyone who buys a 20+ year old car and doesn't expect there to be problems with it is a fool....plain and simple. And we all know what they say about a fool and his money.....

I highly doubt he blew a headgasket or blew up the engine by beating on the car cold. There's more to this story on someone's side. I'm not sure who but I don't see 5.0 engines blowing up because of people beating on them. How much could he have done in 48 hours...
its not hard to believe when the engine has 150k on it and its all original

its not hard to believe when the engine has 150k on it and its all original

Sure it is, my , I just slapped h/c/i on my 146000 mile engine, that hadn't run for 7 years, regularly hoes to the track and is shifted at 6k. No problems. Before I did the heads , I had been running the car hard for years with no issues whatsoever . Plus I can think of 5 people locally with high mileage 5.0s and no problems.

Sure it is, my , I just slapped h/c/i on my 146000 mile engine, that hadn't run for 7 years, regularly hoes to the track and is shifted at 6k. No problems. Before I did the heads , I had been running the car hard for years with no issues whatsoever . Plus I can think of 5 people locally with high mileage 5.0s and no problems.
all engines are different