Paint and Body Good Hood Fitment

1990gtvert

Oct 5, 2016
Hello I'm the owner of a beautiful rust free 1990 GT Vert, I'm trying to fit a aftermarket hood to the car and I have it lined up pretty good except the rear corner on the driver side is there any adjustment I'm missing? Part 2 of my question is the sensor I'm pointing at in the picture are these the sensors for the air bag, and can I remove them they are in the way of my hood pins, and is there a way to make it that it won't keep my airbag light on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Sponsors (?)

I've seen on here that davethecarpainter is the resident body guru. Maybe elongate the holes in the body side of the hinge? That would bring the hood down in the back. Just an uneducaded guess. Body work always frustrated me to the point of a gunshot wound.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello I'm the owner of a beautiful rust free 1990 GT Vert, I'm trying to fit a aftermarket hood to the car and I have it lined up pretty good except the rear corner on the driver side is there any adjustment I'm missing? Part 2 of my question is the sensor I'm pointing at in the picture are these the sensors for the air bag, and can I remove them they are in the way of my hood pins, and is there a way to make it that it won't keep my airbag light on.
Yikes! Would you mind posting a couple pictures of the entire hood fitment and maybe another one with the hood open, particularly the left hinge area please?

I assume the original hood fit fine all around?