Good Lawyer in Suffolk??

• Sponsors (?)

I think it was 107 in a 55 zone. Nothing that bad but still bad enough. Almost double the speed limit. And I don't know why you just don't goto my lawyer. He got me out of way worse tickets and you dropped the last payment off to him but as I told ya earlier this week I think he moved so just go back to his old office and find out where he went to. Actually, I'll get his name in a few hours as I just remember who gave me his name. It was Dan from work at Hview.

i have a 105 in a 55 and i have no license. If i had a lawyer i'd still have no license. Now that i think about it there was no reason to be going that fast and i regret my immature actions. My fines were also around $500, good luck finding a lawyer cheaper than that. Just go to court and face the music lol

Id rather get a lawyer and see if I can plead it down or somthing. I have heard of people getting outa worse. Dunno if its gonna help or not but my name is spelt wrong on the ticket.
I regret it too, I shoulda just got off my exit but the other guy really pissed me off. Im usually really good and dont race or do more then 75. I had no idea how fast I was going and I had slowed down a lot before the cop clocked me. If I had known I was going that fast I wouldent have. That car dosent feel its speed, I need to get a higher speedo so I know when Im going too fast.

Yes, you can plead it down. How do I know? I've done it before. That's why I have lawyers. ;)

Howard Samuels is the guy's name. Just tell him he worked on your boyfriends case (I'm sure if you remind him, he will remember real quick) haha and he should give you a decent price. Expect to pay $400-$800 as I already told you how he handles the cases.

lol happague is only guilty or not guilty, they don't plead there. Other court systems plead but not at that one. I've talked to a lot of other people that told me the same thing before i went. That's why I didn't get a lawyer. But I guess if you say you plead there, I'll take your word on it. I wish I knew the name of that lawyer before I went if it's possible. But she's better off paying the fines, they will be around $300 with DMV surcharge for that ticket since that was what I paid for my 105/55 a few months ago.

Matts89LX5.0 said:
lol happague is only guilty or not guilty, they don't plead there. Other court systems plead but not at that one.

That's correct. Suffolk and NYC have TVB (Kangaroo) court, not real court. It's either guilty or not guilty; no plea bargains. It ain't even a real judge; it's a magistrate or some crap. However, having a lawyer can still increase the chances of getting off, as they know the right questions to ask the cop, and can get it postponed once, increasing the odds of the cop not showing up twice, at which point it'd be dismissed. Got any questions about the procedure, shoot me an email. I'm, unfortunately, well versed in it.

I use this guy:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/davekappesq/
No charge for a phone consult, and he won't BS you.

Correct you cant plea bargin at the DMV court... But if the cop dosent show up 2x it is dismissed.. about 4 years ago i got 3 tickets in one shot and they all got dismissed casue the cop never showed. I got a ticket 7 months ago doing 86 in a 55..i go to DMV court in next month so i am hoping he dosent show since its been 7 months.. i canceld my first date and pushed it back increasing my odds. if i do get convicted i will have 12 points and bye bye license and the od stang will be off the road for awhile.

not to throw salt on your wounds, but your goose is cooked. I got a 91 in a 50 in queens. i also had a parking ticket in nassau county. when i went in for the parking ticket (which was dismissed in nassau) the very pleasent and attractive judge :worship: asked me if I had any further questions. I asked her about a speeding ticket in queens. She laughed :rlaugh: and told me to just pay it as it is a kangaroo court system The freakin judge is telling me this. She explained to me that in the five burroughs and suffolk county, the traffic courts are run by judification judges (they don't wear robes). I also found out that these judges are on the DMV payroll. So they have to generate income to warrant their employment. My issuing officer :bs: did not show up twice. :banana: On my third visit the cop still did not show. :nice: This F&^%$#cking judge :notnice: still tried to nail me. He told me that a 91 in a 50 was a serious matter. I told him that I was innocent till proven guilty. :shrug: That really pissed him off. :bang: he then threatened me :uzi: if I did not keep my mouth shut. I got into an argument with him and he threw me out . :chair: Again giving me bull**** warnings. :fuss: if I ever get nailed again, they will slam me. :doh: P.S. beware of those lawyers that wallk the halls at the DMV. from what I understand, they pay the DMV to be there. Attend the first hearing, if the cop shows ask for a postponement. tell them you had a witness that did not show. play the game and stall as much as you can.

haha i was actualy thinking if I loose my lisence Ill just get it in another state, I have family all over the place.
Powershots I have heard stuff like that before, thats whay i want a lawyer I figure they know how to work the system and deal with this stuff a hell of a lot better then me so maby I wount get screwed too bad.