Good 'ole 50 resto

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
Just got off the phone with them to ask about their warrenty on chrome wheels. I am interested in the Pony R's in chrome. He told be they only come with a 90 day warrenty!! That is one summer pretty much, and I only put 2-3K a summer on my car. 90 days makes me want to just buy silver. This would be my first set of chrome wheels, so I am leary about buying a set. I don't want them to look like crap.

Anybody have chrome "replica" wheels from 50resto, american musle, mavromont industries? How are they holding up?? Is Mavromont Industries warrenty longer??

• Sponsors (?)

I figured that much, a friend of mine had replice Cobra R's. He meticoulusly took care of them and they still flaked in the lugs. The Pony R's don't have exposed lugs, so I was wondering more about the spokes and the bead where the tire seals.

I figured that much, a friend of mine had replice Cobra R's. He meticoulusly took care of them and they still flaked in the lugs. The Pony R's don't have exposed lugs, so I was wondering more about the spokes and the bead where the tire seals.

Honestly just go siler or polished chrome looks amazing but will most likely flake. around the bead as well..

Yeah, I think I might just go same old me again...silver. I prolly won't have the car long enough for them to pit, but you never know. I might like this notch and sell my 91.

I sell truck accessories for a living at my familys business and i've had my share of bad expierences with chrome flaking after 6 months:notnice: Lets just same the customers aren't to happy. I bought POLISHED just for that reason. Everybody says "oh polished rims dull and you have to wax them 24/7" Tell you what, i've never waxed mine once and they look brand new. And they won't flake like chrome either :D There is a slight difference between chrome and polished but honestly at shows nobody knows the difference:shrug:

Just by looking you'd never know..... I'd suggest polished over chrome
View attachment 341705

SVT32VDOHC, our chrome wheels carry a 1 year warranty. The best way to keep the chrome up is to chrome polish your wheels at least twice a year and wax the heck out of them. I would say waxing them about 4 times a year is good. I can chrome polish and wax a Pony wheel in less than 10 minutes. Of course, most people do not even polish and wax them once a year! Just remember, you want to keep moisture away from your chrome wheels as much as possible. That is why wax is so important. That is your best defense against pitting.

Anyways, I thought you might like this picture. This Mustang has 17 x 6.5" Pony Rs with 205/50s on the front and 17 x 10" Pony Rs with 285/40s on the back! Looks mean with that racked look.

View attachment 339445

Thanks,
Demetrios