Got a 90lx from an original owner

Blandnuts

I don't swallow; I only swoosh
Founding Member
Aug 21, 2000
The Big T
So, where I grew up as a little kid in Florida I used to always see this guy with a 90 LX. Well, it's now mine once my parents drive it on over in December. It's stock minus gears (not sure what), strut tower brace, and subframes. He was the original owner and has all the stickers when he bought it. It has 288,000 miles and has been garage kept since new.

I'm pretty excited that I'll finally be as close as I can get to being an original owner. The wife thinks I'm crazy but that's why I'm posting here :).

Anyways, this brings up a sad side of the story. I'll be selling the mustang I currently have, which I've had since 2000. It's got a lot of goodies with a new engine. I keep going back and forth on switching everything over to the new one but I'd like to keep all the stock parts. Oh man the choices. Maybe I can be clever enough to keep both (90lx, 90lx with the wifes 05).

View attachment 296515
View attachment 296517
View attachment 296519
View attachment 296521
View attachment 296523
View attachment 296525
View attachment 296527

Fred

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't put my hands on the car yet, so I was curious why the engine bay was black too. I asked my mom and she said it's dirt/comes off. I won't really know until it's here, but it does look like there's red that's bleeding through and it's red at the lower firewall. That's the original paint.

The guys story for selling it was he didn't want his son to have a fast car and he previously bought a new mustang for himself. He also used to own a 60's model and then this foxbody. I really lucked out, because he was selling it on Craigslist but I guess all the miles scared people away (he had no pictures posted).

Thanks for the compliments, I'm that...what's that statement....a fat kid in a candy store?

That's a hella clean car!

Like you're really gonna keep it stock.

What fun is a stock Fox? :shrug:

Well....I'd keep all the stock parts :D.

Actually I'm pretty undecided on that issue, because on one hand it'd be nice to see how long a stock mustang could go. But I'd also like to use the engine I built and see how long that one can go.

Plus, my current mustang wasn't completely stock when I bought it. Maybe I'll like a poor handling/slow mustang:p

sweet infant jesus in the manger, that thing is clean, awesome score dude

What fun is a stock Fox? :shrug:

you'd be surprised how fun a nice clean stock fox can be, i have all of the performance parts in my sig waiting to go in because my notch is too clean to hack up right now, and it just runs too damn nice at the moment... that may all change in a month or two, but i'm enjoying it for now :nice:

I'll have to keep it stock till it passes emissions atleast :D. I guess that's one thing I miss about Florida, but probably a lot more once a winter passes.

Fred

nice find fred! Congrats on getting married as well! To be honest I don't think i'd change much on it either...IMO the 10 holes look good, maybe the only thing I would add is tint but I don't know how strict their laws are up there. If you do swap the motors just keep the stock one as you can find a stock long block for a cheap price to put in your other mustang just to get rid of it...I don't know, i can see where your coming from though. Good luck with it.

Well enjoy it whether you leave it stock or not. I guess I don't see the reason to keep a car stock for "value" purposes.

IMO....Foxes are not in a category where stock cars are bringing big bucks...and I'm not sure they ever will be. But of course that's a whole other argument for a whole different time. :D

looks like mine.got it from the origanal owner.it was alittle ruff as it spent some time on the ruff streets of staten island.but i got it with only 33,000 miles and everything was original.
after.jpg

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 73
nice find fred! Congrats on getting married as well! To be honest I don't think i'd change much on it either...IMO the 10 holes look good, maybe the only thing I would add is tint but I don't know how strict their laws are up there. If you do swap the motors just keep the stock one as you can find a stock long block for a cheap price to put in your other mustang just to get rid of it...I don't know, i can see where your coming from though. Good luck with it.

Thanks, the biggest change in getting married was saving a little on car insurance. Other then that it's the same ;). Well, the 10 holes are gone since I'll be putting cobra brakes on it. Basically it'll look like the pony boy's car unless I darken the rims. I miss seeing all the stangs like you do in Florida. You still keeping in touch with any of the stang crew?