got a problem!! please help

I was out at one of our big car club meetings last night and a friend of mines car would not turn over. so we switched batteries and got his started. well i was wandering around and dude went to put the battery back in my car and put it in backwards. suddenly i heard a pop and saw a spark down in the car. well a couple of guys said my fusible link was toast. so i got in the car and at first the temp guage just kept going up. now the battery guage is sitting right on the L of normal(at the bottom) and my stereo wont turn on. the car does still turn over and drive(had to drive it home) the lights and everything work inside but the stereo doesnt turn on. if this has ever happened to anyone or if anybody knows what is going on please let me know. :nonono:

Patrick

• Sponsors (?)

1fastfox said:
I was out at one of our big car club meetings last night and a friend of mines car would not turn over. so we switched batteries and got his started. well i was wandering around and dude went to put the battery back in my car and put it in backwards. suddenly i heard a pop and saw a spark down in the car. well a couple of guys said my fusible link was toast. so i got in the car and at first the temp guage just kept going up. now the battery guage is sitting right on the L of normal(at the bottom) and my stereo wont turn on. the car does still turn over and drive(had to drive it home) the lights and everything work inside but the stereo doesnt turn on. if this has ever happened to anyone or if anybody knows what is going on please let me know. :nonono:

Patrick

If the radio is the only thing not working then its probly the fuse for the radio its self. Now if small stuff like: cig light, horn, and the radio don't work then its probly a fuse for that circut in the fuse box. Either one is not to bad to fix but I would check the fuse box first since you have to reach under the dash for the radio fuse :D

jstang209 said:
if my horn dont work.. will it be just a fuse i need to change?

It could be as simple as a fuse beeing burnt out for your horn. So get out the owners manual and see which fuse your horn is and check it. Also pull the fuse out to get a good view if its burnt out or not. Usualy things that small also has more than one thing on the same circut like: cig lighter, Horn, and radio will share the same 15-30 amp fuse. If that don't work you may want to check and make sure everything is hooked up like the horn. I've seen horns fall off after years of vibration.

***CAUTION***

If your car is equiped with a Air Bag it maybe better to pay a professional to fix/work around your steering wheel. This is a exploding device and could cause harm and if accidently set off could cost more than your car is worth to fix it :D Well maybe not that much but anywhere from 200-500.00 bux on a single unit and up to a 1000.00 on duels.

The years on the fox mustangs with AirBags are I think 91-93's. Its pretty easy to spot these since they say Airbag on the wheel and has a huge inside area of the sterring wheel. These AirBag cars also has VERY small horn botton on the side where you can't find then when seem dumb butt cuts you off :bang:

but i also need to fix the fusible link wire and maybe a wire to the alternator because i think its fried. also my car wont charge. the battery light is now constantly on and i dont think my electric fan is gonna turn on.

1fastfox said:
but i also need to fix the fusible link wire and maybe a wire to the alternator because i think its fried. also my car wont charge. the battery light is now constantly on and i dont think my electric fan is gonna turn on.

OIC I thought it was just the radio not working :D With this list of issues I wouldn't lie to you, it may take some time.

I would probly start by looking at the wires on and around the alterantor/starter to see if any was melted down. Then if it was me I would get a volt meter on that batter to see if that alernator/batter is fried. I would check for voltage while the car is off on the battery it sould be like 12.0v. Then start the car and see what the battery is doing then, it should be 14.5v ish while running. If not than you need a new alternator and make sure the alts wires are good before installing a new one. This is done running a ohms test on the alternator wires. For now check for any obvious stuff and the voltage check.

upon further inspection i decided to check the fuse box thoroughly and found that the heater blower motor fuse cell (30 amp) looked like somebody had planted c4 in it. well i got everything else working in the car (stereo, got new alternator) but i cant get the dang fan to work. i put a new fuse in but im not sure its working. what do yall suggest. thanks