got a set of wheels today.. :)

jadigen

Feb 23, 2012
S.Jersey
since i had a friend photoshop that car for me i have been going back and forth between white and the silver wheels..

i had pretty much chickened out on the white wheels and was gonna go the safe route and get the grey ones..

so i'm surfing craigslist and there is a set of white 17" pony wheels with good tires for half of what the combo would cost new.. i took that as a sign..lol.. so i went and looked at them today and they were in great shape so i bought them,.. figured worse case i would just have them painted grey..

so glad i got white wheels.. they really pop on the car i think.. just have to keep that top nice and white..lol.. i love the smaller side walls of the 17" tire...

DSC_0103.jpg

even made in the USA

DSC_0104.jpg

before picture..

DSC_0102.jpg

after picture

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0103.jpg
    DSC_0103.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0114.jpg
    DSC_0114.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a set of white ponys on my 89 gt. the car was black/grey two tone. Yes, white ponys on a black and grey car. It had turbines on it and I just wanted ponys. Could have painted them but I didn't care.
Yours looks cool. I love white ponys

I think it looks good man, I like the color of that car too. I am not sure if white wheels would have been my first choice, but cant pass up a set of 17" ponys for a steal. If anything throw them on corral and make some $$$.

From what I understand the first variant of the Pony R's had the same diameter and stock caps fit great. The later ones had a larger hole that only Pony R's center caps fit. I have the American Muscle 17" Pony wheels and theirs also accept stock caps (which is something I want to find for mine.)

weird.. i juts figured that all the wheels were made by the same company and just sold by different people.. thats good to know.. i really wanted the stock center. i think it looks better then the pony R ones.. just dumb luck i sound them. i knew nothing about it...

guy i got them from says it was around 2004 that he bought them.. said a place in texas sold them. he has a sweet white notch back he ran them on for a bit.

not sure if this is who made them or who they were made for..

DSC_0105.jpg

they do sat Pony R on the back also..

DSC_0106.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 86
Yea those gotta be Pony R's pretty sure no one else makes them in 17". I remember they stopped making them a while back and then they came back into production. You may have one of the original ones.