Got my car back from bodyshop!!! But....

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
Got my car back from bodyshop!!! But....(Now with Pics!)

I'm pissed! they did sooo many thing wrong, its not even funny.

Fender itself came out look nice, which is nice. But my Roush Rear facia thing is on off center, and not even. I mean its off like 3/4 of an inch from L to R, and not even with body line at all. My cat could have done better job then this.
And kicker is that since i know putting them rear things on straight it bit tricky, so I told them DO NOT put it on. Paint the bumper, and I'll install them piece. Did they listen? no. Now, i have to bring it back, and have them peel it off, hope to god that it wont peel paint off along with it. So that i can redo right. I also paid little more to have section of my bumper painted flat black, like that on real roush. SO what they do? paint it with clear coated black! nicely painted, but now what i asked!

I asked them to NOT order bumper letter, as I can get it cheaper then what they estimated. So what do they do? they order them, and to make it things even worse, they ordered FlAT BLACK bumper letter!! Mine was reflective silver! They must have noticed that they screwed up on that, because its in box sitting on my passenger seat... Now, i have to have them send it back, and wait for them to get the right one. And who knowz hoe long that takes.

And lastly, clear coat over spray is on EVERY wheels! I mean don't they supposed to cover them? i hope they are gonna clean it without scratching my chrome, as my rims were perfect with ZERO scratch befor.

And they must've had my window down while they were sanding it, as interior is covered with powdered filler material...
My Saleen side gill is.. well, turned out that honeymotorsport.com(where I ordered it from) after taking order, and took the money, now telling me that they are out od stock. somehow it showed up as available when I ordered it. So its now being drop shipped by Saleen. So that means I won't see it until X-mass
(At least they gave me my money for 2 day air, which i never got)

Just not happy at all!!! I'm going to bitch at'em tomorrow.

I don't have camera with me today. SO no pics until tomorrow...

i got headache....

• Sponsors (?)

deftsound said:
mity did you get in a wreck over the summer?

Ya some as s hole backed in to it about month ago.

I was just in garage looking at it. And I just found another screw up thats sooo bad:eek:, i mean its level sooooooo beyound my complihention i don't know where to start.

I can't even I can talk about it right now, i'm soo shocked beyound my believe...

I'll just take some pictures for you guys to see....

Cantslowdown said:
Sounds like a crapy body shop..Never leave..Always look at the car in every way u can at the shop i dont care if u stand there for a hour its ur car..They might fight with you some on somethings..Good luck mang..

This is supposed to be best in the area. I mean I saw cars like old muscle cars, ferrari and Lotus being worked on. Car they do always end up in car show winner circle. I'm just shocked.

I think this would be better with pics. But

They painted trunk lid right over key hole! Its not like masking was halfassed, and some got through. . I mean they never even attempted to mask that off. S-231 spoiler is not even reattached straight. I mean key hole!!!!
WTF!!!!

Is this the same shop that done work on your Saleen spoiler? If I can recall, you said they had lots of issues getting that right? I dont care if other ppl say it's the best shop, if you had THAT much bad experience, I'd take it elsewhere. Sounds like they didnt want to follow your directions and taken the easy way out by doing stuff without your consent.

Man, I guess I'm lucky considering the shop here got my stuff (Saleen spoiler, Cobra bumper, sideskirts, rear decklid) right the first time and charged me for cheap.

02LaserRed2V said:
Is this the same shop that done work on your Saleen spoiler? If I can recall, you said they had lots of issues getting that right? I dont care if other ppl say it's the best shop, if you had THAT much bad experience, I'd take it elsewhere. Sounds like they didnt want to follow your directions and taken the easy way out by doing stuff without your consent.

Man, I guess I'm lucky considering the shop here got my stuff (Saleen spoiler, Cobra bumper, sideskirts, rear decklid) right the first time and charged me for cheap.

No this is not the same shop that did the S-281. that shop is loooong gone.
I'm just puzzled. As I've seen some of their work, talked to several people who had their car done by them, and seen many of the car that was finished up by them win trophies at the show.

I guess to some of those so called highend shop, new mustang is no more special then my geo. U get no special attention unless your car is worth more then 3 or 4 of my cars. Prolly had their highschool part time boy shoot the paint or something...:(

Wow this is puzzling. Whether it's high school boy or professional painter, that kind of work is unacceptable. Based on your description, it sounds like they've intentionally messed your car up, because it takes a VERY dumb person to not notice the numerous faults in their work.

I work for the local ford dealership here in my town and I can say this much every car that gets worked on by them gets cleaned up in side and out..I have seen people walk around there cars for along time and the manger gose over everything with them..I have seen cars come back with things people have found worng and they get fixed..The way he looks at it is if it was his car he would want it done this way so..But man that sucks i hope things get better for you..

Yeah, it sounds like they used a "junior" person to work on your car and then didn't have any QC on the finished product. Keep your cool though, and take it back to the manager and get your points made.

I just got call from my repair shop owner, who is good friend of mine and drinking buddy with the owner of body shop(he is the one recommended me to take it to him. He felt bad how pissed off I was when I saw the car, and dicided to call him and to see whats up). He had chatted with owner, and Bodyshop owner was shocked that that much of imperfection has somehow managed to passed final inspection, told Bob(the shop owner) to tell me that he is very sorry, and bring it back in tomorrow, and he'll make it right.

So that makes me feel little better. And we'll see how it goes tomorrow

BlownStangGT said:
Hey man, just curious what shop did it as I know quite a few of them up there

I would. But at least owner is telling me that he'll make it right. So i would withhold name of shop unless i get dicked arround tomorrow...

That sux man. Sounds like they were training a monkey or soemthing. At least the owner sounds like he is going to fix it for you. Hope it turns out well :nice:

here are some pics
View attachment 444095
thats caked on polishing compound. I should not have gotten my car back like this

View attachment 444097
another with crop on it..

View attachment 444099
Donno if you can see it, but thats the wheel covered in clearcoat over spray. thats the worst one. Rest is no better. This one feels like oh about 1000grid Sandpaper...

View attachment 444101
And my poor key hole painted over. And you can also see that spoiler itelf is not aligned right at all

View attachment 444103
And my no longer lined up rear facia

View attachment 444106
Passenger side. You can see how much its off from this pic

I talked to owner, and he was shocked, and he called 2 guys who worked on my car while I was there. I mean he was screaming at them. I actually felt bad for'em.

She is going back tomorrow to get these thing taling care of

Do not let the owner :bs: you with his screaming at the employees. It is going to take more than that to make it right. Tell him to save the drama and theatrics and get the job done.