Got my Marti report

YellowMach69

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2002
buffalo new york
Finally got my Marti Report , Nothing really special about the car Just surprised how early of a build it was November 1968 ,Even though its a 1969 mach 1
martireport.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

I got mine today as well......its a 1969 S-code

one of:
22,377 with the red paint code
8,343 with this paint/trim code
3,891 with these engine/tranny codes
5,350 ordered from that DSO
37,194 with sport deck rear seat

390, 4 barrel, 4 spd wide ratio, 3.25 rear axle, candyapple red with blackout treatment, built at metuchen on 1-31-69

YellowMach69 said:
Finally got my Marti Report , Nothing really special about the car Just surprised how early of a build it was November 1968 ,Even though its a 1969 mach 1

They start building the next years models in late summer, early fall. My 69 was built the first week of September 1968.

ill never know the exacts about my car. its a 65 and the data plate isnt there, its a junkyard set of doors from a 66 6 cylinder coupe. so i dont know what my car originally came with. thats why i was hoping i could get the marti report, until i found out they are post 67 only.

84convertablegt said:
ill never know the exacts about my car. its a 65 and the data plate isnt there, its a junkyard set of doors from a 66 6 cylinder coupe. so i dont know what my car originally came with. thats why i was hoping i could get the marti report, until i found out they are post 67 only.

Bummer, although unless your coupe is a K model, at least the value of the car does not depend on the Marti report.

While I wouldn't mind having a Marti report, I can tell enough about my car to know it isn't that special, so I guess I really don't care if 10,000 were made the same color out of the San Jose plant.

I am just too cheap to buy one, I guess!

Max Power said:
Bummer, although unless your coupe is a K model, at least the value of the car does not depend on the Marti report.

While I wouldn't mind having a Marti report, I can tell enough about my car to know it isn't that special, so I guess I really don't care if 10,000 were made the same color out of the San Jose plant.

I am just too cheap to buy one, I guess!
Ya mines nothing special but ,But i like having it ,its kinda neat :worship:

I found two build sheets in my '65, one taped to the wiring harness under the dash, the other stuck to the back of one of the door panels. I think I've also heard of people finding them under the carpet. They were extremely dry and fragile (especially the one folded up and taped to the wiring harness), but it had some interesting information. Unfortunately no wolf in sheeps clothing, but I found out some history of my car.

YellowMach69 said:
Aren't Marti reports cool! :nice: I kind wish I'd gotten the deluxe version with all the detailed breakdown stuff, but I don't think my Mach is probably worth it. BTW, actually November doesn't sound that early considering my '70 has a build date in September 1969.

DARKBUDA believe it or not i read your whole webpage about your story about your car ,It scares me about them shock towers, I found cracks on mine and im gonna weld them up ,Do you think the welding of the cracks will be enough , with bigblock braces added to the towers?

YellowMach69 said:
DARKBUDA believe it or not i read your whole webpage about your story about your car ,It scares me about them shock towers, I found cracks on mine and im gonna weld them up ,Do you think the welding of the cracks will be enough , with bigblock braces added to the towers?
Wow, the whole thing?! :eek: I wonder if I should be flattered, or a little :stick: ... ;) j/k I do wonder... in retrospect, do you wish you had that part of your life back now? :D

As for the shocktowers, it kinda depends... After my experience, I can only encourage you to do more rather than less. I certainly wouldn't be satisfied with just welding 'em up. If th cracks are very small (as in very short and only hairline), and you get them welded correctly and add the big block braces, then you may be ok. As an added bit of reassurance, I would certainly spend the extra cash to do the whole Pro-motorsports shocktower reinforcement kit.

Hope this helps...