Got my Tri-y's

67Thunder

Jun 19, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Picked up my polished ceramic coated tri-y's this week. I can't wait to finishing block sanding the engine compartment. Soon it will be home for the 428.

The headers touch the starter, so I may switch to a mini starter. They give 1" more ground clearance than the full length headers I have.

vroom vroom

859566_258_full.jpg

859566_259_full.jpg

859566_260_full.jpg

859566_261_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Every thing looks great! nice job...

If you are un-sure at this time of which mini starter to use let me recommend the Powermaster XS.

I have had two of the "supposed" Ford Racing mini's & had problems with both. The first wouldn't even turn over & the second one grenaded itself after maybe 50starts...

Jegs let me exchange it for a different brand so I tried the Powermaster. Right away I could tell & huge difference just in the way it was manufactured compared to the no-name ( probably tiawanese anyway ) Ford Starter.

It also has a cool clocking feature which allows you to rotate the starter for a better fit which was great for the tight clearance issues I have with mine.

It has a cool sound too!:nice:

*NOTE: I am NOT bashing Ford Racing Parts as a whole - I personally just didn't have good experiences with their starters...