Got rear ended. What should I check?

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
back in Marylands
So, I dropped my sister off to pick her car up at our friend's work where he helped her put on new tires and rim from the accident she had a few weeks back. On the way back, I got rear ended on my favorite road, 355.

The damage LOOKS minimal. I was 2nd in line at a red light, the guy behind me was really close to my ass as I couldn't really see his hood in my rear view. Light turns green, person infront of me is sleeping. So I honked. The car in front lifts their head up and then I got hit from behind. He couldn't have been going very fast as the damage only looks like the front license plate scratched my car. THere are 2 visible screw top scratches and a medium scrape between those 2 (the actual plate touched my bumper).

My question is, the bumper doesn't feel like cracked or anything. I looked under the bumper and everything looks ok. Is there anything else I should really look for? He doesn't want to deal with insurance and I totally understand as it seems only like scratches. That's fine. Am I overlooking something?

• Sponsors (?)

Chances are that he wasn't moving fast enough to damage anything behind the bumper cover, however it might have bent the bar under there. You won't be able to tell until the bumper cover is pulled off.

Our cars are pretty strong.. As long as the bumper isnt cracked its alright. However if the bumper is cracked then the foam inside of the bumper is probably jdhfjahdskjgb but its a really easy fix with just new bumper foam.

Our cars are pretty strong.. As long as the bumper isnt cracked its alright. However if the bumper is cracked then the foam inside of the bumper is probably jdhfjahdskjgb but its a really easy fix with just new bumper foam and seal the crack.