got the car dynoed today...

• Sponsors (?)

With a stock 91 Tbird SC you would be luck to see 200rwhp

i know....from the factory....they say 215 hp at the crank ....i want to get a base line from where im starting at....then i going and add a catback, 5% pulley, rasied top, SCP intake, and 75mm thorttle body and 76mm maf, a chip and tune from dave then back on the dyno......this will all happen over time..im not able to afford this all at once...lol...first thing i need to do is fix what is wrong with the car...then mod time :)

Not bad at all. The Mustang Dyno is the most accurate dyno. Dynojets tend to be real favorable to low fast cars that have sudden burst of power at high speeds. Why do you think Supra's and most imports love them so much, because they are real weak, then the big turbo hits and they have this burst of power, which makes it look like they have more than they actually do. I was reading one forums where these import guys were saying the Mustang dyno is for dynoing mustangs, because it knows what kind of car is on there and is byased. :rlaugh: Thier Supra that put down 800 on the dynojet was making somewhere around 670 on the Mustang dyno. The truth is the mustang dyno wasn't fooled by the surge.

BTW: notice how nice that powerband is. Good curve.

I say as long as your are running the ET you want, who cars about the numbers.

i know....from the factory....they say 215 hp at the crank ....i want to get a base line from where im starting at....then i going and add a catback, 5% pulley, rasied top, SCP intake, and 75mm thorttle body and 76mm maf, a chip and tune from dave then back on the dyno......this will all happen over time..im not able to afford this all at once...lol...first thing i need to do is fix what is wrong with the car...then mod time :)

Port the stock exhaust manifolds, have an off road x/h pipe made(pipe before cats is a 90* bend)get the catback, 10% or nothing, the top is good can get them many places other than MP, forget the SCP intake make your own for a fraction of the cost, look for a 94 blower and plentum have it Sported, and get a double IC. With some sticky tires and gears, you should have a 13 sec SC.

I say as long as your are running the ET you want, who cars about the numbers.

Port the stock exhaust manifolds, have an off road x/h pipe made(pipe before cats is a 90* bend)get the catback, 10% or nothing, the top is good can get them many places other than MP, forget the SCP intake make your own for a fraction of the cost, look for a 94 blower and plentum have it Sported, and get a double IC. With some sticky tires and gears, you should have a 13 sec SC.

No room for a x or h pipe...not with a 89-91 style gas tank im just gonna upgrade the mid pipe from 2.5 from the flowmaster kit to a 3 inch mid pipe........10% pulley is very strong down low... but up top it pulls timing as to not blow...... 5% pulley will be better for what i plan to use the car for.. yeah i planed on the exhaust manifolds but not for a while....... i wanted to do long tubes till i found out how much they cost....yeah i was told to do this.....my dad wants me to fix the things that need fixed first before i start with anything else..thats what i want..a 13 second supercoupe....

i run a mustang dyno at work, and they always read lower than other dynos, because they run with correction factor, which factors in vehicle weight, rolling resistance, air drag, ect ect. so that 225 hp is actually what ur car is putting to the ground on a daily basis.

No room for a x or h pipe...not with a 89-91 style gas tank im just gonna upgrade the mid pipe from 2.5 from the flowmaster kit to a 3 inch mid pipe........10% pulley is very strong down low... but up top it pulls timing as to not blow...... 5% pulley will be better for what i plan to use the car for.. yeah i planed on the exhaust manifolds but not for a while....... i wanted to do long tubes till i found out how much they cost....yeah i was told to do this.....my dad wants me to fix the things that need fixed first before i start with anything else..thats what i want..a 13 second supercoupe....

The most restrictive part of the exhaust is the collectors on the manifolds and the 90* bends before the cats, upgrading the exhaust without doing this first will do nothing. The only time the car will pull timing is if it detonates . The 10% with good gas and the right plug will be fine. But hey its your car do what you want.

Sorry for the hijack Foxfan

The most restrictive part of the exhaust is the collectors on the manifolds and the 90* bends before the cats, upgrading the exhaust without doing this first will do nothing. The only time the car will pull timing is if it detonates . The 10% with good gas and the right plug will be fine. But hey its your car do what you want.

Sorry for the hijack Foxfan

yeah ive seen the manifolds stock vs ported.... there pretty bad....i was thinking of picking up a set of 3.8 Mustang headers and modifying them to fit...people have done it on sccoa

idk i guess a 10% would be better then the 5% 2.5psi or 3.5 psi gain....i just really dont want to blow the head gaskets :rolleyes:......ill have to check out the sc meet in Dayton on march 4h-6th...see what all the other sc guess are running...

since ive got it i have run premium in it...thats what i plan to keep running..