Got the motor back in!

BrianV

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
McChord AFB, WA
Thanks to KrazyKoncepts.. got the newly rebuild and spruced up motor back.. plopped it in the car this afternoon. Just waiting on a couple little parts and gaskets and I'll mate up the tranny and be ready to roll!

newmotor.jpg

newmotorin.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Stop putting these evil ideas in my head! I'm kinda excited to be able to take a break from dumping money into my money pit for a while and get some more flying done :)

Its kinda neat to think that this project is nearing its end. I find myself flipping through pages of a magazine with no real urge to buy anything anymore cuz I already have it all :D

The last few things I can think of that I'd want on this car:
Built rear end (already have just the axles)
Roll cage
Paint job
Maybe some new wheels some day

We should have showed you the '65 at the shop that has the 4.6 in it. It fits good with the Heights front end kit. It's just a sohc, but the dohc should be really close to fitting!

Yea no kidding.. and I've been transplanting just about the whole drivetrain on this time around too.. New motor, new blower, new transmission & driveshaft. Only the rearend survived this go around at the mod monster :D

Its been like amost 10 months since she's been out of the garage on her own power. I have pushed it out and washed it on occassion.. talk about being dedicated!

Transmission is in and it fits! Noticed that it actually has a little viper symbol on the side too that I didnt see before.

Only a couple more little parts due in the next couple days. SHOULD be running by this weekend!

Oh hey, Jon.. meant to ask you.. I've got an oil level sensor with no hole to put it in the oil pan, what do I do with this thing? I'm thinking of just cutting it off and if it throws the low oil light at me I'll just pull the bulb out? :shrug: Someone on Corral told me that '96 is the only year with it.