Got the Trick Flow engine set today

Its finally here the track heat engine kit. I also got 30# injectors, 70mm throttle body, 75mm egr spacer, cold air kit, 75 mm mass air. I cant wait to put it on, argg its snowing outside :notnice: . Plan on dynoing after get everything running right.

• Sponsors (?)

Consider having the heads milled like .020" for more compression. Are they the track heats with the better springs/guides? Also, consider putting the cam in like 2* retarded for a bit more up stairs power. Gear the car accordingly like 410's.

I have that exact same setup, except I have the street intake. Its a daily driver with gears to answer the question, the difference is the street should provide more low end torque for driveability. The track heat is more designed for higher RPM use.

That is a good package. Grn92LX:
Are they the track heats with the better springs/guides?

The track heat package is just the intake difference not the heads. If you want the track heat heads, they can be exchanged for about $80 more. However, the TH heads use a 7/16" rocker stud as opposed to the 3/8" on the TW head so make sure you exchange the rocker arms accordingly.

I ordered the kit from summit. Summit owns trick flow so i figured if i had any problems they could help. 1st problem with the kit is that the valve covers arent drilled nor come with a fill tube so i had to buy that seperate 25 bucks. 2nd prob is that the kit doesnt include gaskets for the timing cover and water pump so i had to go get those. The reason I got a 70mm throttle body and a 75mm egr spacer is because from what I have read and heard a 75mm throttle body is to big for a motor that is not forced induction and you will lose low end torque correct me if i am wrong this is just what i have read. I got the 75mm egr spacer because it matches up with the intake so if i ever decide to get a bigger throttle body that is all i will have to buy.
I am starting to put the engine back together i am just waiting on some nicer weather.

I choose the track heat because it says the powerband is 1500-6500 and the street is idle-5500 and i figured when i am racing i am never under 1500 rpm so what is the point of getting it. Plus my mustang is pretty much just for race now not really a daily driver.

Have the same Just make sure you really tighten all the bolt's good on the upper manifold......There going to be a bitch in the back I chased a high idle issue for a week and that was all it was one loose damn nut....and oh yes you WILL Notice a BIG damn difference my friend....

This is a dumb question, is the complete trick flow package emissions legal? would substituing an emissions legal game make it emissions legal if it isnt? And finally, because im consdering getting the entire package myself, could some people post their dyno numbers? I'm guessing at least 275/310 but cant recall actually seeing any sheets. Thanks