Got two Fastbacks last weekend

55chevy

Nov 7, 2006
I like all kind of cars, as evident by my name a 55 Chevy is my favorite, 57 Chevy and 65/66 Mustang Fastback tied for 2nd! Had VWs and British sports cars too, my current driver is a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, how's that for diversity?

Just thought I would say, kind of funny, got a project 66 Mustang fastback last weekend on Friday, and then Sunday I traded a Buick Reatta for a 71 VW Fastback. The Stang is a real project, the VW runs and mainly needs interior. First priority project is a garage though, bring your RV or tent and pitch it in my backyard for a garage raising party.

Going to go mild on the Stang, it's sort of a future project, couldn't resist it for............................................... .........$400. It is all rusted, lot of metal work needed. I will find a V8 coupe and use it for most of the parts needed, engine/tranny/suspension, there was just one in Panama City C'list for $800! (Went quick)
VW has dual Webers, needs adjusted. I've had a Ghia and Beetle before, my stepdad had a few when I was young, I caught the car bug from him, buy them low, fix them up, and make a lil money for the next one. With the economy it seems like good deals pop up all the time, the real good deals still get bought pretty quick. I put the VW on the Samba for $2900, what I had in the Reatta, who wants it? My current driver is a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, fun little car, but too little, actually got it for the wife, too small for her too, so it's on Chuck's Used Car Lot too ($7900).
The Stang will be a keeper, I had a 66 a few years ago that had a 6 cyl, wife really liked taking it to car shows, may even paint it red with white stripes.

I think my love for Fastbacks came from a ride in the back of one around 1967 in Ohio, the back seat was laid down, a friend of my mom was driving us, and he got pulled over for speeding way over the limit. I was around 9 or 10, I also remember 69 Camaro Pace cars and Chrysler dealers with lines of spoilered Daytonas/Superbirds in Columbus. My stepdad worked at a salvage yard and was always bringing home neat cars, a 55 Cadillac and a 64 Thunderbird convertible among them, both in great shape. A couple times I got to go to work with him and wander the yard, my friends and I were car nuts with model cars and Hot Wheels had just came out.

Attachments

• FBJ2.jpg
    FBJ2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 71VWFB.jpg
    71VWFB.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)