gotta fix this problem once and for all

It looks to me that bank 2 is running lean and the o2 sensor is probably fine. Look for vacuum leaks. Spraying throttle body cleaner around the engine is an effective way to locate leaks. Check intake, plenum and throttle body bolts to make sure none are loose. Don't over tighten. You could have dirt in your injectors. Change the fuel filter. Add 2 bottles of fuel additive. Buy some from the dealer, they generally work well. Good luck!

• Sponsors (?)

Oh ya the, the p1260 is not related to your drivability problem. Thats your theft deterant system acting up. It probably set while you were driving. If it set when you went to start your car, it wouldn't start. You might want to take it to your dealer for that, before it becomes more frequent and your car won't start.

In my experience with this type of problem it was usually the 02 sensors or the EGR. The light will come on and go off. Then come on and run like poo, then go off and be fine, until it gets to the point that it stays on and runs like crap. I would say EGR and change your front 02 sensors, and hit your fuel filter while your there, and your car will probably be all better.

Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah I changed my fuel filter hoping that was the problem but it wasn't. All the vacuum hoses and bolts around the throttle body, intake plenum etc. look tight. I bought an 02 sensor and I'm still waiting for it to come in. It's so weird how the car runs flawlessly when the light turns off but it runs like butt when its on. Lately the lights been on more then its been off. This better solve the problem.

GT98 said:
Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah I changed my fuel filter hoping that was the problem but it wasn't. All the vacuum hoses and bolts around the throttle body, intake plenum etc. look tight. I bought an 02 sensor and I'm still waiting for it to come in. It's so weird how the car runs flawlessly when the light turns off but it runs like butt when its on. Lately the lights been on more then its been off. This better solve the problem.

A few minutes swapping the front o2 sensors whould have told you if it was the o2 or not because the code would switch to bank 1. But hey if you choose not to listen, its your money.

If i switch the front 02 sensors and the problem goes away then can I permanently drive with the 02 sensors switched? I remember each sensor being color coordinated to its proper plug, and according to the inbreeds at ford, each sensor has a different calibration so I can't just buy a sensor. It's gotta be for the right engine size, tranny type, model year, and bank side.

GT98 said:
If i switch the front 02 sensors and the problem goes away then can I permanently drive with the 02 sensors switched? I remember each sensor being color coordinated to its proper plug, and according to the inbreeds at ford, each sensor has a different calibration so I can't just buy a sensor. It's gotta be for the right engine size, tranny type, model year, and bank side.

First, nobody said switching the o2 would make the problem go away. It is just an easy way to find out if the problem is with the o2 or further up stream. And Yes the o2 sensors are interchangable. If you look it up on Motorcraft.com There is only one part number for your car for o2 sensors. DY-761