Granada track width

degins

Sep 18, 2004
Texas
A couple of weeks ago there was a posting in which the poster contended that he experienced an increase in track width upon installing the Granada swap (specifically, using CSRP spindle). He posed a question to the effect -does anyone have first hand information about track widths of the various Mustang and Granada brake systems.

I performed the definitive experiment for the disc brake systems.

I made an accuate measurement of the dimension from the wheel mounting surface of the rotors to the center point of the upper ball joint mounting hole of the spindles on Granada (original and CSRP), 66 Mustang (KH type), 70 Mustang types (original and CSRP). All measured 6.00" +/- 0.05". They yield the same track width.

It stands to reason that the drum systems would yield identical results, since they have the same published track widths as disc brake applications.

• Sponsors (?)

i've never heard of the granada swap resulting an increased track width, ever. i'd say he probably did some suspension work at the same time and either added shims to the UCA or the LCA is adjusted farther out (depending on year of course)

physically, the granada brakes and the 68-73 discs are basically identical as far as rotor depth goes so if teh granada swap changes the track width then so would the 68-73 discs.

I'm just answering the challenge and setting the record straight. The poster was not satisfied with supposition, only first hand knowledge. I can see the desire for first hand knowledge.