GT 5.0 Bored .30 Over and Car Built. Whats your HP Guess???

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hi there guys, wanted to see what you thought about a car im buying and what HP ratings you think will be produced.
MOTOR
302-.30 over
8:1 compression
Hastings rings .17 top, .15 bottom
Tall Ford Racing valve covers-black
Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads
7/16 head studs w/ 1/2 spacers
Ford Motorsports 1:6 aluminum roller rocker arms
Hardened push rods
BBK long tube headr and H-pipe
Mac flow path 2 & 1/2" mufflers
Comp roller cam
30 lb. injectors
Mac gear drive timing
ProFlow mass air meter
70mm throttle body
Ford idle air adjuster spacer
Milodon 7-quart oil pan with windage tray
GT-40 lower intake w/ Car tech upper (extruded/honed)
High volume oil pump w/ hardened drive shaft
ProCharger P600 9-14 psi w/ 2-core intercooler
MSD 6 boost timing master ignition
MSD Blaster TFI coil
BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator
1901ph fuel pump
Potima battery
140 amp alternator
16 inch electric fan pulling/14 inch electric fam pushing
AFCO 2-core aluminum radiator

DRIVE TRAIN:
Adjustable clutch cable and quadrant
Tremec TKO tranny
Ram clutch
8.8 rear end (Strang 3.73 gears)
5-lug disc brake conversion

Guages:
200 mph white face gauges
AutMeter monster tach w/ shift light
2/16 boost gauge
2 & 5/8 mechanical fuel pressure gauge
2 & 1/16 air/fuel ratio gauge
Dual gauge pod on A-pillar

Chassis:
8-point rollcage
Cross bar subframe connectors
Factory 5 lower and upper control arms
Lower Wild Rides battle boxes
Sallen strut tower brace
17 x 9.5 rims
205/40R17 front tires
275/40R17 street drage radials

Thats the Build Give your input Please.....:nice::nice:

• Sponsors (?)

This car is a built car that im going to buy. The Owner built the car from ground up. I notice that you guys talk about the fuel. What can i do to upgrade the fuel, say maybe just bigger injectors (50lb) and say a 255lph in-tank pump instead of the 190. Any suggestions?????:shrug: This car does exist. Do you think its a good built engine??????????????

I agree with 25thmustang but to answer your question:
I would say add a 255 f/p, Fuel pressure regulator, I am assuming you already have a calibrated maf for the 30lbers? I dont think anymore than the 30's is needed IMO

{Call me a dick, but did you build this, or did you get the info out of a catelogue and ask us what it would make?}

Is the engine build not good and whats do you guys mean by this statement?
:nice::notnice::shrug:

Also you mentioned a Pressure regulator / or do you mean a 255lph intank pump?

Thanks Matt

well in my opinion the engine would be fine with the 30's and the 190 pump. However I would think you may be pushing it with the blower as the demand for fuel goes with boost. I woulkd personally run a 42 or bigger injector as well as a minimum of a 255lph HO pump. I'm running both of these on my 331 with a Paxton 1220SL seeing abouth 7lbs of boost.

I couldn't find the chart but if you search these forums you will be able to see the recommended injector for horsepower levels.

I have a post on the 5.0 Tech articles here now, looking for a tuner tech that is willing to travell to the Bahamas, as this is where the car is. Have any ideas ???? I guess i should go with at least 50lb Injectors and (2) 255lph Pumps or simmilar just to be sure and safe.
Thanks Matt

OK it NEEDS atleast 42's and 255 intank 255 inline. It doesnt NEED a regulator but it would be nice. A tune is also needed throw that fmu in the trash. I would expect nothing less then 450 rwhp, should be more though. Put some front tires on the thing too.

OK it NEEDS atleast 42's and 255 intank 255 inline. It doesnt NEED a regulator but it would be nice. A tune is also needed throw that fmu in the trash. I would expect nothing less then 450 rwhp, should be more though. Put some front tires on the thing too.

x2 - exactly what i was going to say

I Ordered some 50lb Injectors and 1 in tank 255lph Pump and a Inline areomotive pump that flows 350lph. I Hope that will do it. I already have a Bigger Fuel Rail and a Pressure Regulator. Im trying to have the Car Tuned as well.

Any more forseen issues guys???:nice:

Yea, what Bentley said. Sounds like you're on the right track. 50s and a 255 will be enough fuel to make enough power to split the block. Hopefully you go to a tuner that knows what he is doing. With that low of compression you will be able to crank up the boost and run a ridiculous amount of timing. There's no reason you should leave with less than 450-500rwhp unless you want the block to stay together, but that's no fun, live a little.

Anyone heard of a guy named Greg at Speedy Dyno in Owensboro KY. This is where its going and he will be using a SCT Tuner.

Anyone have used him before or any good things heard about him??????:nice::nice: