GT exhaust takeoffs

Hey all,

Just got my GT takeoffs/exhaust system yesterday and couldn't wait to put it all on so I proceeded to put the one on the right side. I must say that rubber hanger gave me a hassle! Since I am not a little guy getting under there without lifting her up really was a trial. After getting the stock muffler off I then go to put the GT one on (grinning and grinning). Anyways, I had such a problem trying to get those two darn hooks into their holes cuz the darn exhaust pipe kept getting in the way of the GT muffler pipe. So, after swearing and swearing (I swear it helps) I go looking for the only help available MY WIFE !!!! No offense Jenn, but my wife can hardly find her way out of a paper bag and I needed somebody to hold the exhaust pipe out of the way to get that darn muffler on. Anyways, to make a long story longer I recruited her and after coaxing her under the vehicle (a very hard time) I got her to hold it up long enough for me to get those two hooks in and whala goes in like a piece of cake. Get out from underneath, turn that baby on and Ohh yeah she sounds a lot more sporty (GRINNING) and cannot wait til I get the whole thing on. I have the Magnaflow X-pipe and the other side to put on and am waiting for a Predator (which I picked up for $275 second hand but like new and could not refuse the price). Anyways, thought everybody would enjoy this story! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds good, you will like the setup. If you know someone good with pred custom tunes let me know.

I'm actually working on putting a magnaflow xpipe on my ride! I used to have GT take offs, but like the magnaflows better. Either way you will be happy.

You running a CAI yet?

Keep us posted.

Nice story on the GT takeoff swap :lol:

I did it myself too---I finally had to take the screws out of the muffler brackets to get it off and the new one on...once I committed to doing that, it went pretty well. Like you, I wrestled with it a bit...hehe.

Finally have all the parts in hand now to do the driver's side!! Now have to figure out which shop I trust to do the install... and still have to cut the bumper :rolleyes:

rygenstormlocke, yeah, the x-pipe should make a big difference in sound! I am not going to worry too much about custom tunes on the predator yet, from what I am reading about it, it sounds like you can do pretty good adjusting (testing) things yourself on it. Besides, custom tunes are expensive and I think I will be happy just playing with it until it runs purrrrrrrrfect!!!

Once I get new heads, cam, supercharger or turbo then I will be looking for a custom tune. I am going to go for a quieter sound (keep the V6 countenance) so I can be as stealthy as possible (motto: speak softly and gonna carry a big stick). I like the underdog thing, it makes it that much more sweeter when I blow some unfortunate soul away! :D

Hammy, I seriously gave the muffler bracket idea a go until I found out I didn't have (or couldn't find) the right socket to take it off as my tools are in disarray LOL. Once I got the stock muffler off I took some cardboard and a marker and made a template of the passenger side so I have a guide to go by when I get up enough guts to cut into the drivers side :(

I just took it out for a test drive with my son (13 years old) and we both were grinning from ear-to-ear!!! :D But, my son said that it sounded like "rice" which he liked (and I didn't). I think it sounded more muscley than one of them 55-gallon drum mufflers found on a ricerburner! Anyways, I told him that it will sound much better (less ricey) when I get true duals LOL! Oh, yeah, the first-second chirp on my manual tranny is much more pronounced after the GT muffler so I know it gave me a "little" more torque! Must be freer flowing than the stock one eh? :banana:

Right on!!! You will love the duals...and I don't think the GT take off sounds ricey, besides....you still need to break it in. My 10 year old son loves the car, and mustangs...but I had to convert him. He loved BMW's and ricer cars before I got it, but now he grins ear to ear when he is in the car and hears the low tone of my magnaflows.

Let me know how your tuning goes, I need to play with the rev limiter and the timing on the tranny some more.