GT taillight hatred

• Sponsors (?)

'Graters only look like arse when combined with those tail lens blackouts that have the diagonal slots designed into them. Then they just look ... odd. :scratch:

FWIW, one advantage of LX lenses is that they would seem to be a bit brighter than others, being that there's no stripes of anything inhibiting the light output. That's always a plus when you're being followed by nearsighted and half-blind old people in Arizona at night... :D

Whether you go with the GT or LX tail lights at least they're not those euro rice burner tail lights.

TLT-FM87.jpg

i like the black version
(dont hurt me):hail2:

amen to that. i just think it's strange that its the first mod people seem to do. but hey i love em and ain't gonna get rid of em. it is better than putting euros on a stang. that is so sacrilegious

i dont think the problem is so much with the lenses as it is with them being in good shape. if they car is nice and the lenses are nice then it looks fine imo, but let the car be on the wrong end of an owner who doesnt care and those lenses go to crap fast. i wanted LX ones for my GT, but I ran across a LX with a Saleen kit on a few weeks back with some 86 GT tails in that were in awesome shape, and it looked great. I wasnt expecting those lights, so maybe thats why it caught my eye, and appealed to me like it did.

I’ve never been a hater of the GT taillight lenses; but in my case since I’ve owned my car for 18 yrs and out of those 18yrs I had the stock GT cheese graters on my car for 11 of those yrs . So I thought it needed a different look is the reason I changed out the stock GT lens covers, not to say that there was anything wrong with stock GT cover it’s just that I wanted to see something different after looking at the same old tail light lenses for 11 years.

I don't like LX lenses on red cars, especially mine. The Cobras I put are sweet though, at least IMO.

Dave,
Man I wised you would of said something when you and I were emailing one another back and forth a few years ago when I asked you if you thought the Cobra, LX looked better on my car.

And for anyone who’s wondering what I'm talking about I’ve tried the Cobra tail light covers also, but I still like the LX even though it’s on a red car.:)

View attachment 386131

View attachment 386132

View attachment 386133