GT Take-offs dilema

stangerdrew0716

Nov 20, 2003
Hey guyz, i'm looking into purchasing me some GT Take offs. However, I have one concern. I've heard some sound clips, and high end, they have a little bit of a ricey pitch to them. Is there anyway, for example, getting different mufflers, that I can deepen that sound? Or is that just something I am gunna have to live w/ GT Take offs??

• Sponsors (?)

stangerdrew0716 said:
Hey guyz, i'm looking into purchasing me some GT Take offs. However, I have one concern. I've heard some sound clips, and high end, they have a little bit of a ricey pitch to them. Is there anyway, for example, getting different mufflers, that I can deepen that sound? Or is that just something I am gunna have to live w/ GT Take offs??

Its something you have to live with w/ V6's. There are exhausts that sound OK @ high rpms and some that sound TERRIBLE (most V6 Stangs that I've heard are embarrasing) , but as far as I've heard, none that I would say sound good. We just don't have the displacement for it.

Disclaimer: "none that I would say sound good" is relative to GT's and such. Some 6's sound OK (though most DONT) , but will never sound like an 8, at least at high rpms.