GT40 Heads what Cam ?

• Sponsors (?)

Ray@VSK said:
Don't these actually worsen your lower end torque than Stock ?
Yes...some people just like to regurgitate things because they heard someone else say it. No cam should be bought on power band specs alone. Everything should be tailored to the rest of your combo. An E303 will not produce the idle characteristics or low-end torque that you're looking for. If you're not planning to stick with the stock cam and insist on swapping in anything else it’s hard to beat either of the off the shelf XE258 or XE264 model cams through CompCams, Michael Yount, Maverick and myself suggested.

….refresh me on the specs and I’ll tell you what I think. Don't go and buy a cam just cause you can get it cheap. Buy it because it's the right one for your combo, not because it's the one on sale that week.

maverick0716 said:
Trickflow stage 1 specs are 276/279 duration (intake/exhaust) and .499/.510 intake exhaust (1.6 rockers) I believe the LSA is 112
What's the intake/exhaust duration @ .050? On most street driven cars, it's best to keep duration @ .050 between 216-224 or so degree's. Anything above that will tend to sacrifice low end torque in favour of upper RPM potential. Which isn't bad if your car's built to make power up there....but most street driven stock headed/intake/geared Mustangs are not. Lift still seems reasonable though. Probably not ideal for making low end torque, but better than the "alphabet series".

Gearbanger - as I'm sure you know I think it's much more complex than just looking at duration/lift/lsa's. In fact, those are just numbers that fall out of the calculations after the proper valve event timing has been determined based on the components and the desired operating range of the motor. Lobe design and ramp rate has a HUGE impact on cam performance, but is rarely mentioned by folks in the posts, and is actually very difficult to get much info on from the cam companies, understandably. You can get a feel for lobe design by comparing .006 and .050 durations -- and you'll see some pretty amazing things when you start comparing.

For those in the thread that are interested, go here, open every tab and read. It's a great explanation of how all this works, and why it's just guessing if you're picking cams by duration and lift.

http://www.wighat.com/fcr3/

Hey guys I was thinking :nice:

Since I'm going to be using my stock cam & some 1.6 rockers I should get some longer pushrods then right :shrug:

Any suggest of any ford pushrods I can get without worry of clearance ?