Guages don't fit in Speed of Sound Pillar?! *pics*

• Sponsors (?)

DropTopPony said:
Ambo what exactly was wrong with the gauge pod? I'm gonna be ordering sos pods soon so i need to know whats up...take some pics with the old old pod next to the new one if you can.

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I just found it today.

Since I own SOS, I can tell you exactly what was wrong:

We had a quantity of our gauge pillars affected by a defective run of our injection mold. The parts (which passed random inspections for a couple weeks) were warped, and the gauges fit poorly as shown in the pics.

I recalled every pillar sold from the dates affected by this production run error. This problem only applies to pillars sold from 7/1/06 to 8/8/06. None before, nor after are affected with this problem. An entirely new production run of our pods was ordered immediately. All is well here at SOS again.

Sending a free replacement was the only choice in my mind. I am glad to see you're happy with your new pillar.

In closing, there is nothing to be concerned with regarding a planned purchase of our part. We had a problem, fixed it quickly, and improved our QC to ensure it is not repeated. No fun for us, but a better product was the result.

Alan Lindgren
Speed of Sound LLC

alanw6 said:

We had a quantity of our gauge pillars affected by a defective run of our injection mold. The parts (which passed random inspections for a couple weeks) were warped, and the gauges fit poorly as shown in the pics.

I recalled every pillar sold from the dates affected by this production run error. This problem only applies to pillars sold from 7/1/06 to 8/8/06. None before, nor after are affected with this problem. An entirely new production run of our pods was ordered immediately. All is well here at SOS again.

Sending a free replacement was the only choice in my mind. I am glad to see you're happy with your new pillar.

In closing, there is nothing to be concerned with regarding a planned purchase of our part. We had a problem, fixed it quickly, and improved our QC to ensure it is not repeated. No fun for us, but a better product was the result.

Alan Lindgren
Speed of Sound LLC

I got my new pillar and the guages fit flawlessly. I also got it 2 days after you called me! :hail2:

SoS pillar is F'ing AWESOME!
CIMG1940.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1940.jpg
    CIMG1940.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 56
Can you get some better pics maybe? Like in the day too....ill be ordering an A piller gauge pod in the next few weeks and in between the SOS and an autometer 3 gauge setup. I have seen the auto meter setup personally and it looked GREAT. I have something up my sleeve, so I NEED 3 gauges for it to work. ANY SOS 3 gauge pods?

hotmustang331 said:
Can you get some better pics maybe? Like in the day too....ill be ordering an A piller gauge pod in the next few weeks and in between the SOS and an autometer 3 gauge setup. I have seen the auto meter setup personally and it looked GREAT. I have something up my sleeve, so I NEED 3 gauges for it to work. ANY SOS 3 gauge pods?

Sorry, SOS doesn't offer a triple. That may make your decision a little easier. :(

If you want daytime pics of the SOS pillar anyway, just click the link in my sig.

alanw6 said:

Alan Lindgren
Speed of Sound LLC

Hi Alan,

Odd - the timing of seeing this thread...as I'm leaving this morning to pick up my pillar at my local Steeda shop in Toronto.

This pillar was sourced through Steeda in the US...and ordered likely on August 15th or 16th.

Just wondering if there's a way to confirm that my pillar is one of the new batch, and not the defective ones...is there a stamp somewhere on the piece?

Appreciate your feedback....not to mention your input on this thread.

Cheers

Tim

2000BLKGT said:
Hi Alan,

Odd - the timing of seeing this thread...as I'm leaving this morning to pick up my pillar at my local Steeda shop in Toronto.

This pillar was sourced through Steeda in the US...and ordered likely on August 15th or 16th.

Just wondering if there's a way to confirm that my pillar is one of the new batch, and not the defective ones...is there a stamp somewhere on the piece?

Appreciate your feedback....not to mention your input on this thread.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, we recalled and replaced all of our pillars from Steeda's inventory that could have been affected, so you are likely in good shape. There is no visible clue to check, just test fit the gauges. If for any reason you receive a problem part, just contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll resolve it. This will be faster/easier than going through Steeda, as they would just come to me anyway.

alanw6 said:
Tim, we recalled and replaced all of our pillars from Steeda's inventory that could have been affected, so you are likely in good shape. There is no visible clue to check, just test fit the gauges. If for any reason you receive a problem part, just contact me directly at [email protected] and I'll resolve it. This will be faster/easier than going through Steeda, as they would just come to me anyway.

appreciate the quick response Alan...I couldn't pick up the piece today....will let you know how it works out

cheers
:nice:

alanw6 said:

Alan, I got the pillar tonight....and the gauges fit perfect:nice:

it's a totally sweet piece

thank you for your efforts...this is by far the highest quality pillar I've ever seen

major props to you and your company

I'll zipp you an email and show you what it's going in....it's a pretty nice ride.

not worthy dude:hail2:

2000BLKGT said:
Alan, I got the pillar tonight....and the gauges fit perfect:nice:

it's a totally sweet piece

thank you for your efforts...this is by far the highest quality pillar I've ever seen

major props to you and your company

I'll zipp you an email and show you what it's going in....it's a pretty nice ride.

not worthy dude:hail2:

Big sigh of relief here....

Thanks for the props. We've worked hard on these things, and hope to keep coming up with more new stuff.

Alan :nice: