Guages Install

• Sponsors (?)

What exactly do you need to know?Pretty simple really.Mechanical Gauge or electric gauge.Ive never done electrics before but mechanicals arnt bad they just take a lil time to hook up.Mechanical water has a probe that connects to the motors drain plug on the bottom drivers side of the motor,its an allen wrench type bolt,pull that plug and the water will drain out then connect the water gauge probe into that hole.The oil one can have a lil more to it tho.Right were the oil filter is you will see the sending unit,now on my old gt I had to remove the oil sending unit and buy a T fitting and adapters that fit the T fitting and the oil line fitting from the gauge.But on my Mach it looks as if it already has a stock T there,all I had to do was pull the allen head bolt out of the T and install the oil line.Now most gauges come with a nylon tubing for the oil,I dont feel safe with that,so I bought a copper oil line from the auto parts and used that.

The light wiring is simple too,you can either use a volt meter to find what wire is hot when the lights are on and dead when they are off in switch or you can just do the same in the fuse box and tap into that....thats the way mine is right now temparaily until i feel like wiring into the switch.

A couple things to know:You will need more anti freeze cause when you pull the plug it will all drain,and the same for the oil so you might as well change that.Make sure you use a sealant on all oil and water fittings so that it wont leak.I used Red RTV sensor safe silicon at all fittings.Mechanical gauges are more accurate than electrics and if installed right should not leak,ive never had any leak through the years.If you need more detail just google oil gauge install or similar....you will find tons of sites and write ups on this subject and with pics.