h/c/i question

just trying to get an idea on price on a good h/c/i set up. i m not ready to do the work myself so a ballpark install price would help too. im lookin to go with some afr heads and probably trickflow intake, as far as the rest goes i still have some research to do. again im looking for a quick overall estimate.. thanks guys
-gustang

• Sponsors (?)

I think that's about right. But while your in there, you might want some supporting mods (headers, fuel pump & regulator, TB, fresh set of lifters, etc., etc., etc.) There's no better time to do a lot of that stuff. All that can add up too, but really depends on what you have so far.

If you're not interested in doing the install yourself on a top end tear down, I'd strongly suggest you consider a supercharger, and install it yourself. Cutting out labor will slash your cost about in half, the gains should be comparable to an H/C/I, and the install in relatively simple. You'd need a dyno-tune, but you really should get that with a H/C/I too, so that's a wash. I installed an H/C/I will full mods as a total wrench head noob, and while it all went OK, I'd still go the SC way if I had to do it over.

It amazes me what people charge for a h/c/i swap, but shops do it:)

I think the $800-$1000 range is about average, or maybe a little more.

If it was me, I would do it for about $500-$600. As I am sure many on here would, if not less. If I had all the parts/gaskets/etc, I would charge less for sure.

A friend is very nice!

All of my friends and even acquaintances, I have did it all for free, and my good friends, likewise.

But if I was to charge and actually do it on a regular basis, that is a little different, but it would still be VERY reasonable:)

A friend is very nice!

All of my friends and even acquaintances, I have did it all for free, and my good friends, likewise.

But if I was to charge and actually do it on a regular basis, that is a little different, but it would still be VERY reasonable:)

i wouldnt expect you to do for nothing but why cant you live in TN :shrug: ??!!

1200 bux to do a h/c/i swap :crazy:

I'd never be able to spend that much money because all I could keep thinking
about is what other speed parts I could buy with 1200 bux :eek:

I mean ... for $1200 I could .....

Get completely setup to Tweecer self tune
W I T H a laptop and a wideband :banana:

Get a nice set of AFR, TFS, Edel Aluminum heads :banana:

Put together countless variations of more than just one speed part :banana:

I'm with David ... Hook up with a gear head bud :nice:

Grady