H/C/I w/nitrous or BOOOOOOST!

Alright, current combo: Lvl 20 DSS 347 pro bullet w/ windage tray, DSS 7 qt oil pan, Stock GT40 iron heads, Stock cobra intake, Lunati cam (51014), shorty headers, off road h, 30 lb injectors, 80mm maf, 70mm tb, 1.7 roller rockers, underdrive pullies, ZEX 125 dry shot. Currently put down 301 rwhp/347rwtq N/A and only 365 rwhp/451 rwtq on the spray. Now i can reuse my bottle if i go with an HCI combo or sell off my bottle for some boost but keep my current stock HCI. Looking thoughts/opinions on this but here's what i want: TURBO!! but looking for better bang for the buck. Goal is 500 rwhp/500 rwtq. what's your opinion??

Here's what i'm considering:

AFR 185s/Edlebrock Performer RPM II/udecided cam

Trick Flow Track Heat head/intake/cam package

Haven't looked into Edlbrock H/C/I package

Boost:

Procharger P1SC w/2 core intercooler

HP Performance Turbo system

DIY turbo system <----tryin to research cost

• Sponsors (?)

cant go wrong with afrs. the rpmII seems to be a good manifold. im sure its probably worth the money to go with a custom ground cam. i too like the sound of a turbo.
trickflow from what i can tell makes a good package too.
edelbrock makes pretty good heads too but i would go with a different cam than the one they offer.
nitrous is always fun but a turbo is all that fun only better and more power. i would bet if you ported the gt40 heads an put a turbo on you could pretty easily achieve 500rwhp without much trouble. talk to rio95 i pretty sure hes putting over 500rwhp on his gt with gt40p heads and a diy turbo.

boost is fun, no doubt about that. but a well balanced h/c/i will give you a lot less headaches. probably cheaper too. i'd make sure you research the crap out of the turbo tuning and such before jumpin in.

with that being said......turbo.

Keep the intake you have get lower T Mossed and throw in a Comp 35-306-8 camshaft along with Afr 185 heads with a nitrous exhaust port. I will guess 400 or better rw on motor and closer to 500 on the sauce if you keep 125 in it. Also you will need to ditch the 1.7 with that cam.

The heads and intake are holding that thing back. If i were you I would change the heads and intake, and maybe even the cam. Keep the spray.

But then again if you could do the h/c/i with a turbo or sc it would be fun too:D

Turbos are fun, but know what you are getting yourself into before you start. They are a ton of work and you are going to have your share of problems. However when they run right they are amazing. Rio95 is making around 525 rwhp with reasonable boost. He wants to save his block, but I'm sure his combo could produce 600 rwhp. I plan to keep mine around what he is running so no breakage occurs.

here's a thought i just had! whatcha think?

AFR 185s/KB Blowzilla w/flowzilla intake and reuse my GT40 base/ undecided cam

doing this would only save me the cost of an intake with any other boost application

I dont remember his name, I'm sure others will, but there is a guy on here with a nice h/c/i and blowzilla basically maxed out from what I remember and he just was able to make 500 to the wheels. Don't get me wrong it is good power, but just now that you probably wont make much more than that.

if you optimize your 347, you could easily be putting down 400 at the wheels. do that first

get AFR 185s or 205s, a systemax intake and a cam from FTI. and you'll need a 75mm t/b at least with a 90mm maf.

then for the extra kick, spray it.

If you not in a hurry to do this I can post up my afr 185/performer rpm II/FTI custom grind dyno numbers when I get it tuned. It may be a little while tho...(like a month or 2). I'm short on a few cubes but have a much higher CR than you so it should even out.

Hi
Build up the 347 then boost it... :D I thought about spray but my son said just when I wanted it it would be empty or turned off or cold or.. :D I went with a vortech..., would do the KB if I did it again.. The block and my Cobra intake are holding me back...

Steve

Boost it...

Keep the spray and cool down the IAT's after you get used to the power level with the boost :D

IMHO no need to change up the H/C/I setup as your current GT40/Cobra intake setup is more than enough to put down some VERY nice numbers with moderate boost (and the squeeze if u keep it)...

Boost it...

Keep the spray and cool down the IAT's after you get used to the power level with the boost :D

IMHO no need to change up the H/C/I setup as your current GT40/Cobra intake setup is more than enough to put down some VERY nice numbers with moderate boost (and the squeeze if u keep it)...

the spray would def be taken off, would love to step away from having to spend 40 dollars to fill it up every time i go to race. but i was thinking the same thing you're thinking

Boost. No questions asked.

If you are looking for cooler intake temps without shelling out $40 every refill I'd say go with a water/methanol injection setup like Stanger007 said. You get cooler IATs and higher octane fuel when you punch the fun pedal. Doesn't cost much to refill either, most guys fill up the reservoir with the blue windshield washer fluid. Take a look at some of the dyno graphs from Snow Performance, I especially like the '93 Cobra (gained 100 hp when running 17psi)