H pipe vs ProChamber: DRONE

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
Have a PC/Flows right now, drone is not too bad at all, always been curious about an o/r H but I figured they would drone a lot more and be a lot louder inside. Recently someone told me it is not as deep so it actually drones less than a PC and is not much louder INSIDE. Anyone who has had both can give me input on this?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a set of stainless series 40 delta flows im going to run them with a stock h pipe. and then im going to change to a o/r h pipe. i really dont know what people mean by drone. I have always had a big block chevy ( I know its a chevy) with headers straight 2 1/2 pipes with turbos turned down at the rearend. if anyone knows that setup did they drone? all i know is i dont want a raspy sound like a freaking honda. i want a deep tone that sounds mean as he**.

sixstringthing said:
Have a PC/Flows right now, drone is not too bad at all, always been curious about an o/r H but I figured they would drone a lot more and be a lot louder inside. Recently someone told me it is not as deep so it actually drones less than a PC and is not much louder INSIDE. Anyone who has had both can give me input on this?

It will drone either way. It's the mufflers that are droning not the midpipe. My flows drone just as much with the PC as they did wit the stock midpipe.