HACK JOB SEE DAYLIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME

• Sponsors (?)

Very true. I could put the truck stuff off, and then a tie rod could break and I'd being doing 70 on the freeway instead of it breaking while doing 25 on a side street. Just my luck!!

Photoshops skills...anybody....anybody?? Someone did it for me before with diff wheels. They did a great job!!

IF I sell it...:D I will ask 15K. I'm sure I'll get someone to bite, but if they low ball me, I'll keep it. This has been a lot of work, and it was done slow and right.

These two hot rod enthusiasts are customers of mine and they are all over the car. Everytime I see them, they are just so impressed, and they have built and own beautiful show cars and FAST race cars that are 100% streetable. They both have customers that are all about cars like this. One said ask 12K, and the other was like no, no, ask 15K. You can always go down, not up. Others who have seen the car, just can't believe the dash in the car and all the other newer stuff, some have even asked about buying it. I can't believe the attecntion, and it isn't even done or driveable yet.

HAHA!! Hell yeah man. I got it down now! I would have loved to put an 93-04 Cobra motor and trans in it, but trying to pay for one of those at auction is a joke. THey are all 13K+ even if they are mangled up bad. I mean, I couldn't spend that kind of money and risk some stuff being broke. Notches with 03-04 Cobra powerplants....people are asking 23-25K. They have then sold them for 18-20K when a deal was made.

P.S. NKau...I love your black Bullits on your white GT, and I have thought of those too because they come in the +45mm offset I want, and kind of need. What do you think about those?

Thanks for the compliment, but you've got the wrong guy. This is what I'm rockin' on mine. I'll bet you can find these or similar wheels quite a bit cheaper now than when I bought them. The 18" saleens look good on certain cars as well. Just giving you a couple more ideas to consider other than the standard cobra/bullit fare

LARGE_IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0053-1.jpg

I used to hate those wheels growing up, but now I love them. They look better on Fox bodies too. I wish I could get a set of those, they are hard to find, and nobody has them used around here.

Thanks everybody!! I would like to meet you guys too. I wish that there was a big event somewhere in the middle we could all meet. I went to Norwalk back in 2006 for FFW or NMRA, one of the two. I know one thing for sure is this car WILL be at Mustang Alley for the WWDC 2007. 9 Mile and Woodward. http://www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/

It is always a great time. We get there about 9am then by 11 or 12 we are Buffalo Wild Wings eating wings and drinking some beer, then back to the cars and we just hang out all day.

Back to the car....thanks a lot. The 97 Cobra wheels will stay for a little bit, but the more I look at the car in the sun, it needs some chrome I think. I will have more pics of small things I've completed today. Of course it's 1:30 and I just got up because I got home very late last night. I shouldn't have stayed out but chit happens. I will stay til about 5:30 then off to a BBQ at my parents. Stay tuned.:flag:
i plan on being there hopefully with my mustang

Are you trying to maintain the same size and offset front to rear?

If you don't daily drive the car and don't feel a strong need to rotate tires, it might be worth buying different sizes front and rear wheels to achieve the proper fit. They nothing like poor wheel fitment to kill the look of a well done car.

Deep offset 17x9's in the rear with some 17x8's up front. :nice:

Are you trying to maintain the same size and offset front to rear?

If you don't daily drive the car and don't feel a strong need to rotate tires, it might be worth buying different sizes front and rear wheels to achieve the proper fit. They nothing like poor wheel fitment to kill the look of a well done car.

Deep offset 17x9's in the rear with some 17x8's up front. :nice:

That is another thing I am considering doing is Bullit style American Muscle 17X9 +45mm rears, and American Muscle 17X8 +30mm offset in the front. That is the best look hands down on my set up. I can get this package in chrome of in black. Thanks man!