Had a few good runs at PIR on Friday night

Friday night was great. There weren't very many cars there, and we got in at least 20 runs between the 2 cars. Trisha's GT runs pretty consistant 14.0-14.1's with her in the car, and 14.2's with me driving (100 extra lbs.)... we can't get better than 2.1-2.2 60' times or it would easily be a high 13 second car. Her car is a 99GT, Automatic, with 118K on it. Mods: O/R H-pipe & K&N FIPK (thanks Dave), Accufab T-body & Plenum (thanks Misha), and Flowmasters.

I ran a 12.9 @ 108 (2.0 60') in the Cobra on my second run. After letting my car cool for over an hour (hoping to take full advantage of the cold weather) I couldn't get it into third gear on my next run, and let off completely. :mad: Needless to say, I was pissed. So I hot lapped, drove the piss out of her, and ran a 12.7 @ 109 (1.9 60'). Not bad for a stock tuned car with a K$N Filter and a Magnaflow catback running on rock hard Cooper tires.

Trisha was able to run a best of 13.3 in the Cobra.

She ran a new Shelby three times (while she was driving the Cobra) and tied him on almost every run (he would get her off the line and she would catch up by the end of the track). His best of the night was a 13.9 @ 103... Hmmmm. I never saw the engine compartment so I'm not sure if it was the real deal or not, but I did see him spinning through first and second gear each time... that and he said he was shifting at 4500rpms (only 600 miles on the car). So yeah, my Cobra spanked a new Shelby, 4 times (I ran my 12.7 against him) lol

Later,

Logan

• Sponsors (?)

Great runs!

My first night out at PIR I raced a Cobra... high 12's to my high 14's... ya Cobra guys shouldn't pick on us 6's! LOL!

I would have been out there this last weekend, but I found a damn screw in my tire and couldn't fix it until this morning... Just had the Vortech finished up Friday... itchin' to get to the track!

Looks like we'll have good weather this weekend too... I'll be there either Friday or Saturday night.

Logan2003Cobra said:
Friday night was great. There weren't very many cars there, and we got in at least 20 runs between the 2 cars. Trisha's GT runs pretty consistant 14.0-14.1's with her in the car, and 14.2's with me driving (100 extra lbs.)... we can't get better than 2.1-2.2 60' times or it would easily be a high 13 second car. Her car is a 99GT, Automatic, with 118K on it. Mods: O/R H-pipe & K&N FIPK (thanks Dave), Accufab T-body & Plenum (thanks Misha), and Flowmasters.

I ran a 12.9 @ 108 (2.0 60') in the Cobra on my second run. After letting my car cool for over an hour (hoping to take full advantage of the cold weather) I couldn't get it into third gear on my next run, and let off completely. :mad: Needless to say, I was pissed. So I hot lapped, drove the piss out of her, and ran a 12.7 @ 109 (1.9 60'). Not bad for a stock tuned car with a K$N Filter and a Magnaflow catback running on rock hard Cooper tires.

Trisha was able to run a best of 13.3 in the Cobra.

She ran a new Shelby three times (while she was driving the Cobra) and tied him on almost every run (he would get her off the line and she would catch up by the end of the track). His best of the night was a 13.9 @ 103... Hmmmm. I never saw the engine compartment so I'm not sure if it was the real deal or not, but I did see him spinning through first and second gear each time... that and he said he was shifting at 4500rpms (only 600 miles on the car). So yeah, my Cobra spanked a new Shelby, 4 times (I ran my 12.7 against him) lol

Later,

Logan

I knew that was you!! I watched you from the stands. Yeah that shelby was sweet but he didnt do a burn out and Im not sure if he was really on it? The track IMO sucked sooo many cars were spinning their tires and weaving back and forth, a mustang almost wrecked ( the black 05 with the side louvers). it was cold out and I believe the wind was against you? Why did you de-mod the car?

Misha

wifesweetstang said:
Why did you de-mod the car?

I couldn't get traction until third gear, and if I speed shifted into third I'd still spin halfway through (and I don't want to have to run drag radials).

That and the Predator tune is great for open loop mode (wide open throttle) but not so good for closed loop... i.e. You can't go into boost at low rpms in 5th or 6th gear or else it can detonate, and I didn't want to take any chances. Yes, a custom tune will take care of any issues or potential issues, but then, there is still the traction thing.

Logan

The Factor said:
the next thing you know you'll get a few 11's back to back

Not unless I go back to a pulley and get it ported (which I seriously doubt I'll do)... I'm considering a small shot and/or a Whipple, but I don't really drive it hard, often enough, to justify it. (that is of course until I run up against a new Z06 and get my butt kicked... lol) Besides, running high 12's on street tires ain't such a bad thing. :D

Logan2003Cobra said:
Not unless I go back to a pulley and get it ported (which I seriously doubt I'll do)... I'm considering a small shot and/or a Whipple, but I don't really drive it hard, often enough, to justify it. (that is of course until I run up against a new Z06 and get my butt kicked... lol) Besides, running high 12's on street tires ain't such a bad thing. :D
High 12's on sreet tires and your mods are great:nice: . Thats around were I was with your mods until I ported the blower, tune, drag radials upper pulley lower pulley and the list goes on..lol, street tires are hard to hook up and then with a few more mods so are Drag radials and you have to learn all over again how to launch but thats what can make it even more fun, enjoy.

ASD said:
I don't know what your talking about in your statement.:rolleyes: I have no problem with traction until I get into boost. :p
You have to run that baby at the track atleast once Alan. I havnt been back to the track since I sold my cobra but I'd be willing to make a return trip to watch you nail some low 10's:nice: