Has anybody gotten pulled over for having fogs on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

BlueBossS197 said:
Yeah I agree that most of these people are idiots thinking i am brighting them. Once someone honked and my windows were down, so i just flipped them the bird.

Those people are why i bought aircraft landing lights, they will wish they never touched their bright switch after they get a taste of 500,000 candlepower. Although someone will probably wreck and sue me, but i will still enjoy turning them on, plus they will have to catch me to get my plate.

Went to the horses mouth

I figure if you want to know what a horse is thinking ask a horse..

My brother is a cop so I asked him why someone would pull over a car with fog lights on if they weren't bothering anyone.

He gave me an eye opening. When a cop wants to look at a ride or check out a suspected knuckle head they revert to the little used or known "excuse to pull you over laws". My brother said he probably wanted a better look at your car!:nice:

Most likely while you were pulled over plenty of other cars went by with their fog lights on and he didn't even notice.

One other thing, don't ever try to outrun a cop. The cars go about 150 but the radio will get you every time. It just ain't a good idea!

Ok, one more comment here. I've only had a few think they were bright, but I've also encountered other GT's at night with they're fog lights on and they are set so as not to blind other drivers. I say that because my eyes are light sensitive. The only lights that bother me at night are those high intense blue lights people are so fond of now, Those bother my eyes more than anything else.

wally10 said:
SO that's ANOTHER reason you chose the v6 over the GT ???
you must be kidding !!
Sounds like your looking for excuses for not being able to afford a GT.
You don't have to be ashamed of owning a V6, but you should be ashamed of
trying to justify your choice because of fog lights on the grill.
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to spend an extra 8 grand for a gt.
Just out of curiosity......what are the other reasons.??

Nope not kidding!!
I went for the gas mileage Wally. But if you think I can't afford a GT ur wrong on that note killer. My house is paid for and I can pay cash for a couple of "GT's" if I wanted.
What sold me on the Stangs is the IUP and the color Sonic Blue.
If I wanted to race ppl I would have gotten one. I like the regular grill cause reminds me of the old torinos I was raised on.
Hope this males u feel better. :flag:

The Fang said:
Nope not kidding!!
I went for the gas mileage Wally. But if you think I can't afford a GT ur wrong on that note killer. My house is paid for and I can pay cash for a couple of "GT's" if I wanted.
If I wanted to race ppl I would have gotten one. I like the regular grill cause reminds me of the old torinos I was raised on.
:bs: :chair: Wow who buys a v6 just for gas mileage which is not that great :lol: Gts come in Sonic blue and with IUP also you know. If you could buy a "couple" GTs cash then certainly money is is no problem and you can afford to pay a little more for gas. View attachment 436816

I thought this was a thread on fog lights. I have a V6 and agree the gas mileage isn't that great. Gts were virutally impossible to find when I bought mine. I added the factory fog lights, though some said it couldn't be done. I use them only when necessary and have never been bothered by anyone.
Can't we all just get along?

:lock: This thread did not need to get ugly over fog lights. I still don't think they are illegal, but the cop can use his discretion if thy appear to be blinding, especially since they are more decorative in most instances.

The Fang said:
Nope not kidding!!
no it doesn't make me feel any better...you got me.
my house isn't paid for. wish it was. what kind of mileage are you getting ?
I'm getting about 19.5/20 mpg according to the computer on the car. I'm not interested enough to figure it out myself according to the acurate way it's supposed to be done. obviously...otherwise I woulda bought a 6er too.

here's one thing that makes me feel better though...
I own a muscle car and you DON'T !!:rlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.