has anyone put a puch start button in there stang?

• Sponsors (?)

65stang289 said:
LOL you can say what you want but I was thinking like nascar how they have all those switches to flip to get the car running like the fuel pump, water pump.

I'm thinking about doing that, have one for a oil accumulator, release the pressure before you hit the starter, one for the fuel pump too. I think it would add a lot of security, somebody wouldn't know what they're doing. Sure they MIGHT get past the ignition cut-off switch, but figuring out that the others have to be on too might pose a problem to them. It may be better to leave oiling accessories on the key ignition though, for the sake of the engine.

I had one on a previous '65 fastback. It was a white button on the left side of the radio. It was more for fun if anything. The guy who installed it before had it put on as a safety device. i guess he thought if someone stupid was trying to steal the car, they might not think to press the button, and would temporarily foil their evil masterminded plan or something. But yeah, it was kindof cool to have a push started car like an aston martin or something else.

Route666 said:

And when you turn the key round to on, the starter glows red...
Its a *very* nice unit in the flesh....

727_9x07x2003105142AM.jpg

I have a switched start panel in my 95. I was trying to make the car look more like a street legal race car. It's more of a show piece than anything. Most people think that it is pretty cool, but valets can't ever figure it out! I have mine setup so that you have to turn the key on to activate the panel... just for security's sake.