have idea about electric water pump

D347643

Banned
Jan 28, 2003
portland, OR
i plan on buying one but whats weird is how much more expensive the sbf ones are compared the sb chevys. now despite how it mounts up, whats stopping me from buying one for a sbc and just getting the appropriate fittings for the coolant lines? and mounting it on the fender well or something or making a custom bracket? :shrug:

thanks,

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure how you'd plumb that -- I suspect you'll end up spending even more on the "appropriate" fittings/fabrication, than you would the difference between pump prices. And the "despite how it mounts up" is a BIG caveat to get past. Buy the correct unit for your car. Get an electric cooling fan. And then control them both with this. http://www.dccontrol.com/

What pump are you talking about? SBC parts are usually cheaper because they have been out there longer, and face it, more SBC in the racing scene than SBF, althought that's changing.

SBC parts are cheaper not because they've been out there longer - but because there are a lot more of them out there, and way more people mod them than the Fords. Much bigger market, more demand, more supply, more competition, lower prices.