header advice?

ronstang94

May 10, 2007
Phx, AZ
I want shorty, unequal length headers with EGR

but, I can not decide between painted or polished ceramic?

I also don't know what brand? For some reason (no reason at all) I don't care for BBK. I dont really like their logo, and I dont want to see that little badge on my headers, but if they are good stuff then ill just have to get over it. I would like to see Ford Racing on my headers but I havent been able to find them? Any other brands I should be considering?

• Sponsors (?)

i have bbk non equal chrome shorties and you can't really see them anyway. so why pay for blingwhen you can't see them. i wasn't very happy with the quality either. crappy chrome and the weld bead inside the tubes would have almost been as restrictive as the stock headers, but a little die grinder action took care of that. keep looking there are plenty out there to choose from. ck summitracing.com

JBA titanium shorties here, I really like em, and they are cool to the touch in like 5 or 6 minuted after turning the car off.

Now in my honest opinion the cost of any aftermarket shortie header is not worth the price VS. the gain. I will say it time and time again, if my car was not equipped with crappy BBK shorties when I got it, it would probably still have the stock headers on it. Save your money and either get long tubes and mid pipe, or just get a new midpipe. Either way you go on those you will be waaayyyy happier.

JBA titanium shorties here, I really like em, and they are cool to the touch in like 5 or 6 minuted after turning the car off.

Now in my honest opinion the cost of any aftermarket shortie header is not worth the price VS. the gain. I will say it time and time again, if my car was not equipped with crappy BBK shorties when I got it, it would probably still have the stock headers on it. Save your money and either get long tubes and mid pipe, or just get a new midpipe. Either way you go on those you will be waaayyyy happier.

Good advice above :flag:

What are your mods?

What are your mods?

I already have a bassani mid pipe with some high flow catco cats welded in (banged up the original bassani cats on some speed bumps), so LT are out of the picture because I already have ground clearance issues (lowered). I also have magnaflow catback, hypertech coil, and ford racing wires. Bumped up the timing, but that is all for the engine, the engine mods have seriously been neglected compared to the rest of the car... oh, and the car has an Aode and 2.73... ya, more neglect, but I do like the gas milage.

I decided that I wanted AFR165 heads and the edelbrock performer intake quite a while ago, before I found out that they make a really good combo. I had plans of a ford racing cam, but learned that FTI is the way to go when I found :SNSign:

ChickStang, where did you get your headers from? Summit is where I normally get my parts from, but I cant find them? How much were they?