Header question

I am having some MAC shorty's installed on Monday. A guy here just did his Firebird and said he had to get it tuned after. Do I have to do the same:shrug: I don't think so?
These things should bolt right back in place of the O.E headers correct?:shrug:

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Dont wrap

I wrap my first ford motorsport headers, and about 2 years later had to replace them. it will eat a hole in them. got new headers and wraped my clutch cable not the headers.:nice:

Look in the summit catalog and get the high heat wrap to shield your clutch cable. When you wrap your headers, sure it cuts Way down on underhood temps, but the moisture is SURE to rot them out you should have some play in your clutch cable to Move it over a little and zip tie it away from the headers.

Should of I gone with longtubes instead. Im being told that I should of not gotten the Shorties???????

Post back because I am so confused now. (kneeling in the corner crying)

L/t or shorties, either way your going to gain alot of power over the stock stamp pieces of crap. L/t will give you more up top and shorties will give you more grunt. Thats about as simple as it gets.

Matt

L/t or shorties, either way your going to gain alot of power over the stock stamp pieces of crap. L/t will give you more up top and shorties will give you more grunt. Thats about as simple as it gets.

Matt

OK then im staying with shorties. My O/R H is less than a year old, I dont want to have the exhaust shop hack on it to make the l/t fit. Besides that would be even more $$$$$$$:notnice: