header wrap

never purchased header wrap before and i see they come mostly in 25ft or 50ft packages. I have a hellion kit for my 91gt and want to wrap the headers, downpipe, crossover pipe and the exhaust to just behind the clutch cable. i had some heat issues in years past with stretching clutch cables and im dead set on eliminating those problems. anyone with experience with exhaust wrap give me some estimates on how much im gonna need. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I have long tube headers. I used one 50' roll per side. I have my turbo where the back seat used to be so, I used another 2.5 50' rolls to do the 2 into 1 exhaust back to the turbo & the last 25' to do the exhaust outlet of the turbo. I got the kit from summit that comes with two 2"x50' rolls in it. You could use 2 of those & probably have more than enough. hope that helps.

I don't have a turbo, but I did wrap my headers. My advice is to use the 50' rolls, as nothing is worse than running out of wrap halfway down a tube. 25' rolls are just going to increase the chances of that happening.

depends on what size you are going with. I would say 50' of 1" for the header primaries and 50' of 2" for the collectors, crossover and down pipe. Get the paint for them and paint them it will look 10x better than not, I used black wrap and the black paint for it. i used all one inch because I like the look of more wraps, so it also depends on what type of overlap you want

headers004.jpg

headerwrap005.jpg